HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Lumenocks damaging arrows? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/169931-lumenocks-damaging-arrows.html)

TM1376 12-12-2006 08:44 PM

Lumenocks damaging arrows?

Shot maxima 350's at 70lb draw weight. 2 arrows shot twiceeach and bothhave noticable damage where the metal prongs of the nock have wore/cut the end of the shaft.? I took off the bulldog collars because the nocks would not light up or either not light up consistantly.

Scott/IL 12-12-2006 09:10 PM

RE: Lumenocks damaging arrows?

A guy that hunts with us had an arrow blow up with a lumenok on the end of it. Ended up costing him his first ever buck or any deer for that matter.

TM1376 12-12-2006 09:21 PM

Bad deal. Kinda nervous about shooting these arrows anymore even though the damage is visually not that bad, but im sure it could end up like that story. I'm beginning to think that the benefits are being outweighted by the possible bad consequences.

Scott/IL 12-12-2006 10:30 PM

All I do is have two white vanes, and to me that is enough to see where the arrow goes.I shot a buck this year in the early morning, and I knew exactly where the arrow entered.

They also make wraps for your arrows. I have seen people put these on and they say it helps. No experience with them however.

stikbow26 12-13-2006 04:40 AM

TM, Thanks for this post i noticed my luminoks were getting sloppy in my maximas and went and checked and sure enough they cutting into my arrows also, looks kinda more like dents!! Walt

GMMAT 12-13-2006 04:51 AM

I'm shooting Lumenoks.

A guy that hunts with us had an arrow blow up with a lumenok on the end of it. Ended up costing him his first ever buck or any deer for that matter.
I had one "blow up", too....but mine was due to hitting a branch. I don't know how a Lumenok could do this to an arrow. Doesn't seem possible, to me.

Up until Saturday.....I've always used THREE white vanes AND reflective wraps. When I was shooting my Switchback....I could NOT follow the arrow to the point of impact with said vanes and wraps as aids. With my new Bowtech....there is WAY less of a chance of that happening. The Lumenok is a GREAT aid.....and I have NO ties to this company. I just ordered 2 more, last night.

Jeff

PA.JAY 12-13-2006 05:10 AM

CX makes their lighted nocks wonder if thats the reason ?

hldeerhunter 12-13-2006 08:58 AM

Friend of mine shot those nocks. it never damaged the arrow, but they never worked correctly. When he was practicing they lit up...when he shot it at a deer they never went on. If i were you I would not shoot those arrows anymore...due to the damage...and would throw away the nocks.

GMMAT 12-13-2006 09:24 AM

Just make sure you have the correct nocks for your arrow size. They make different ones.

Jeff

stikbow26 12-13-2006 10:10 AM

Yes mine were the right size and they worked great i love useing themwhile filming. It looks like the little wires are just denting the top of the arrow.. Walt