Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Something that sticks in my craw. >

Something that sticks in my craw.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Something that sticks in my craw.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Something that sticks in my craw.

I started bowhunting quite a few years ago.I started with a very used Bear double camthat our local archery dealer was nice enough to sell me for almost nothing.Up untill 2 years ago I bought a different bow every year, they were all used, they all killed deer, and each one was just a little newer then the one before.If I had the money Id probably be one of those guys youre refering to, I just enjoy shooting different bows, setting them up, trying different accesories, sights, rests, etc...The nicest bow I ever owned was a competition model Hoyt, it was a double cam but Ive never shot anything that was quite as smooth as that one and still kept an amazing speed.It was older then two of my kidsBy buying these cheap used bows every year it enabled e to do a lot of work on them myself and not worry about screwwing up a high dollar bow in the process, I learned quite a bit about how they work and what to do if they dont through trial and error.Ive finally broke down and bought a cheap Buckmasters single cam brand new a few years ago, I wont buy another one till this ones wore out more then lkely. One thing I have noticed, it doesnt kill a deer and deader then the old Bear I started with any years ago
Old 12-13-2006, 08:47 AM

Thanks for the insight. I wasn't thinking about the guys that just like to do it to try out the new product and test it out. I have done things like that before. The more I thought about it the more I realize that I do the same thing, just on a different scale. I can't remember how many different brands of broadheads I have shot, how many rounds of ammo I have purchases (just to try out), or how many different types of sunglasses I have owned.

I thank you for your input and now I see some logic behind it. Good luck huntin all.

Oh yeah, FURGITTER something I want to say to you. I in no way meant to offend anyone...and it seems that I hit a nerve with you. I, of course, don't think that all hunters are the sterio-typical "hicks" from the ozarks. I myself have been a hunter my whole life (if you haven't figured that out already) and I do not fit that description. I am happy with my equipment and don't plan to change...as for the jone's, I don't care what they do...never did...I was just curious with this thread.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

What is a CRAW? I hope yours gets better so you can stop making lame threads about things that shouldn't matter to you unless you are jealous.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why should it stick in your "craw"? Why let it bother you? There are lot's of people that can and dodrop $1000 or more for a bow every year and think nothing of it. I would bet for many, what they spend on archery tackle is a drop in the bucket compared to their total outlay for hunting. Start factoring in buying property, vehicles, atv's, travel expense, lodging etc etc etc and what a bow costs shrinks to insignificance. If that's your thing and you can afford it then why not?

I'm not wealthy, but even for me my bow isn't a big expense compared to my total hunting outlay. Taxes alone on my littlepropertywhich I bought and keep only because I'm a hunter is $1500 a year. Factor in what I paid for the land 15 years ago and divide it by the number of years I'll be alive or physically able to use it for hunting and the price of a bow starts looking pretty small. Now add my atv, my truck to carry my atv, shotguns and oh yea, I built a little cabin on the land. No big deal of a cabin but I put close to $10,000 in it.

For sure I don't buy a new bow every year, but I sure won't be complaining about what they cost when I do buy oneand I sure won't be complaining if somebody else buys one more often than me. In the greater scheme of hunting costs, I think a bow is pretty cheap.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Who really fricking cares!
Old 12-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Who really fricking cares!
Amen Teejay

I am going to buy two new bows this year now[:-] When I do make sure you post when I did so, since it bothers you, LOL
Old 12-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm gonna buy 2 this year just to drive you over the edge.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

motown we posted the samething at the same time, I guess smart azz's think alike[8D]
Old 12-13-2006, 10:08 AM

If you guys are buying all these bows would you buy me one??? Please???
Old 12-13-2006, 10:09 AM

Oh and I guess you didn't see my reply at the top of page 3

Quick Reply: Something that sticks in my craw.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.