HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Something that sticks in my craw. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/169794-something-sticks-my-craw.html)

petasux 12-13-2006 07:02 AM

RE: Something that sticks in my craw.

I started bowhunting quite a few years ago.I started with a very used Bear double camthat our local archery dealer was nice enough to sell me for almost nothing.Up untill 2 years ago I bought a different bow every year, they were all used, they all killed deer, and each one was just a little newer then the one before.If I had the money Id probably be one of those guys youre refering to, I just enjoy shooting different bows, setting them up, trying different accesories, sights, rests, etc...The nicest bow I ever owned was a competition model Hoyt, it was a double cam but Ive never shot anything that was quite as smooth as that one and still kept an amazing speed.It was older then two of my kids:DBy buying these cheap used bows every year it enabled e to do a lot of work on them myself and not worry about screwwing up a high dollar bow in the process, I learned quite a bit about how they work and what to do if they dont through trial and error.Ive finally broke down and bought a cheap Buckmasters single cam brand new a few years ago, I wont buy another one till this ones wore out more then lkely. One thing I have noticed, it doesnt kill a deer and deader then the old Bear I started with any years ago;)

hldeerhunter 12-13-2006 08:47 AM

Thanks for the insight. I wasn't thinking about the guys that just like to do it to try out the new product and test it out. I have done things like that before. The more I thought about it the more I realize that I do the same thing, just on a different scale. I can't remember how many different brands of broadheads I have shot, how many rounds of ammo I have purchases (just to try out), or how many different types of sunglasses I have owned.

I thank you for your input and now I see some logic behind it. Good luck huntin all.

Oh yeah, FURGITTER something I want to say to you. I in no way meant to offend anyone...and it seems that I hit a nerve with you. I, of course, don't think that all hunters are the sterio-typical "hicks" from the ozarks. I myself have been a hunter my whole life (if you haven't figured that out already) and I do not fit that description. I am happy with my equipment and don't plan to change...as for the jone's, I don't care what they do...never did...I was just curious with this thread.

MO Archer 12-13-2006 08:48 AM

What is a CRAW? I hope yours gets better so you can stop making lame threads about things that shouldn't matter to you unless you are jealous.

Sylvan 12-13-2006 09:12 AM

Why should it stick in your "craw"? Why let it bother you? There are lot's of people that can and dodrop $1000 or more for a bow every year and think nothing of it. I would bet for many, what they spend on archery tackle is a drop in the bucket compared to their total outlay for hunting. Start factoring in buying property, vehicles, atv's, travel expense, lodging etc etc etc and what a bow costs shrinks to insignificance. If that's your thing and you can afford it then why not?

I'm not wealthy, but even for me my bow isn't a big expense compared to my total hunting outlay. Taxes alone on my littlepropertywhich I bought and keep only because I'm a hunter is $1500 a year. Factor in what I paid for the land 15 years ago and divide it by the number of years I'll be alive or physically able to use it for hunting and the price of a bow starts looking pretty small. Now add my atv, my truck to carry my atv, shotguns and oh yea, I built a little cabin on the land. No big deal of a cabin but I put close to $10,000 in it.

For sure I don't buy a new bow every year, but I sure won't be complaining about what they cost when I do buy oneand I sure won't be complaining if somebody else buys one more often than me. In the greater scheme of hunting costs, I think a bow is pretty cheap.

TeeJay 12-13-2006 09:40 AM

Who really fricking cares!

MOTOWNHONKEY 12-13-2006 09:44 AM

I'm gonna buy 2 this year just to drive you over the edge.

Germ 12-13-2006 09:44 AM

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Who really fricking cares!
Amen Teejay

I am going to buy two new bows this year now[:-] When I do make sure you post when I did so, since it bothers you, LOL

Germ 12-13-2006 09:45 AM

motown we posted the samething at the same time, I guess smart azz's think alike[8D]

hldeerhunter 12-13-2006 10:08 AM

If you guys are buying all these bows would you buy me one??? Please???

hldeerhunter 12-13-2006 10:09 AM

Oh and I guess you didn't see my reply at the top of page 3