HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Something that sticks in my craw. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/169794-something-sticks-my-craw.html)

bowtech die hard 12-12-2006 10:08 AM

RE: Something that sticks in my craw.

I just like seeing the differences from year to year. I bought a brand new bow every year from 2002 until this past jan.

I'm not going to be buying anything else for a couple years I don't think just because I'm satisfied with my tribute. That said, If I come up with some extra $ I'm definitley buying one of bowtech's new ones, probably the gaurdian, just to have it.

To me I guess I just do it because I love having lots of stuff to choose from. Plus it's nice to have back-up bows too. I guess I'd consider myself a bit of a collector. I've got a PSE Spyder V4 which was my first bow I got when I was about 12, then I got a Mathews MQ1 probably mathews best bow they ever produced, and I still love that bow. Been through a few bowtechs, and I'm up to the tribute now. I guess I just love having lots of stuff.

burniegoeasily 12-12-2006 10:11 AM

I stick with my compounds. As for trad bows, there is something about them. I get an itch to buy one almost every day. I have the ones I hunt with, but just cant pass up on a nice long bow or nice recurve. Its an addiction. By the way, I do not get rid of a bow. Well I did get rid ofa fewof my older compounds. A 1986 hoyt, a 1982 black bear, and a 1982 pearson. Kinda out dated. But I got and still use a few trad bows from the 70s.

YooperMike 12-12-2006 10:15 AM

Not sure why it bothers you, but whatever! I bought my OG last year because it was time for a new bow, although I kept myold one because it was custom made. I guess I agree with the others who say, if you can do it,why not!

Madjac20 12-12-2006 10:15 AM

If you can afford to...why not. Me, on the otherhand, am satisfied with what I have now and even if I could afford a new one I'd probably wait till the one I have is wore slap-dab-out (not to the point of being a danger to myself or others). I don't like having to get use to something new every year. Just my thoughts.

txjourneyman 12-12-2006 10:49 AM

It is a piece of equipment. Some want and can afford the hot new set-up. My truck is a 95 model. My buddy"s truck is a 06 and he wants to trade for an 07. Why? Same answer as a new bow I guess. He wants to and he can.

GR8atta2d 12-12-2006 11:01 AM

Well I don't see anything wrong with it. Heck I'd love to buy the new bowtech Gaurdian. But I just bought an Allegiance last year and have kids.If you can afford it, do it. Nothing wrong with having the latest and greatest. People collect guns..why not bows??

Doubled 150 12-12-2006 08:44 PM

I'm not one to update every year. Up until this year, I used a PSE Buckmaster from 1996. I loved it and killed a lot of deer with it. My dad has an old Mathews Solocam with 80% let-off, so I tried it this year. I've decided to update this coming springto something new. I hope to have my new bow for another ten years.

huntingdiva1 12-12-2006 09:15 PM

I do it because I can and I want too.:D I shoot my bows all the time. About every other day or so and like to havevariety. I like trying and owning the latest, greatest stuff. My passion is bowhunting so that is why I get into it so much. I hunt all year roundso Ilike knowing what all is out there in bows. I been bow-hunting since September 2006 and have already gone through three bows. I liked my first one and second one, but, LOVE my new Vectrix.

WBowhunt 12-13-2006 04:50 AM

I say to each their own, but those of us who do not do, or can not afford to do should be greatful that others can for two reasons, It keeps the archery market rolling, but more importantly it gives the less fortunate hard workin' folks an opportunity to buy a barely used bow off some of these folks that trade up evey year. So instead of spending $700 on a 2007 bow, you could get an 06 that some else no longer wants for say $450 or $500. So maybe you should thank those that can do it? Just a thought.
I justordered the new Hoyt Vectrix XL as a retirement gift to myself after 22 years in the Military, but it has been 7 years since I last purchased a bow and to be honest there is absolutely nothing woring with my MT Sport. I took a really nice deer with this year. I just decidedit was time
When I was in my early 20's with no money and no brains, I was switching every year to the hot new trend, the market always made you feel it would make you shoot better. I was livin' on peanut butter and fluff just to be able to get the latest and greatest. It took me a long time to realize that the bow and all the accessories was only about 20% of ability to shoot accurately. They say a computer is only as dumb as the user and any bow only shoots as well as the archer. With that said, archery is mostly a mental game and if getting the latest and greatest gives someone the confidence mentally that they will shoot better, more power to them.

furgitter 12-13-2006 06:41 AM

I hope you dont think anyone who hunts deer needs to have a beard,no teeth,a beat up pickup truck and a big fat wife (who is also his cousin).If you do fine with your equipment,and you are happy with it,suite yourself.I hope this unsticks your craw.And quit worrying about what the Joans family is doing.