Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite famous deer shot! >

Favorite famous deer shot!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite famous deer shot!

Old 12-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Favorite famous deer shot!

I was just wondering what your favorite of the big bucks that have ever been shot are? Personally mine is the JORDAN BUCK, and the reason for that is because of it's great story!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Favorite famous deer shot!

Correct me if Im wrong but mine was Mossyhorns, I think it was shot by a guy named Del Austin. I also enjoyed the story behind this buck. I think he hunted that buck for 2yrs, I remember him saying that he hit the buck in the antlers the first time he shot at it with a recurve bow. Then actually harvested it the following year.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't care for any of them especially the Hanson buck. I feel real sorry for the guy that missed it on the drive before the drive they killed it on. I wonder if the rest of the party, drivers and watchers are getting the money an royalites that Hanson is getting. They were all party to the killing. But I don't want to hijack the thread. Sorry.

To answer your question, I don't have a favorite. Actually I'm wrong, My favorite right now is Lady Forge's 190" monster in the contest thread.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry Rob ,but I have to differ with you on the Hanson buck ,I've seen it and I've met Milo Hanson and he's an awsome guy .I also have the book on how the buck was taken ,and unfortunately your right there were other's that had a chance to take that buck and yes there were other's involved as well ,but Milo was the one that took him and that's just part of hunting .
Just my opinion

The Hanson buck is 1 of my favourite's ,but there's another one ,but I just can't remember the guy's name at this moment,but it was taken by bow as well. I know his name started with a Z .

nubo
Old 12-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nubo, your thinking of the Zaft buck and he is my favorite. Edmonton Bow Zone, ya gotta luv it!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Site Buck Guru

These are two of my favorite bucks. The Jordan and the Breen bucks. This is a friend of mine who knew the guy that bought them (Hoffman). They have since been sold (Legendary Whitetail Collection).

Old 12-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank's Early in I knew someone would remember the name .I read the article on him and it was a great story for a young fella to stumble across this buck. I was just going through some of my mag's here just to try to find the article ,but you beat me to it .
I'll tell ya it's hard to beat some of these Canadian deer ,we got some dandy's here ,just not near my house LOL

Thank's

nubo
Old 12-11-2006, 07:45 PM

My favorite is a Big 10 point that my grandpa shot
Old 12-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I knew I liked you for some reason!
ORIGINAL: GregH

These are two of my favorite bucks. The Jordan and the Breen bucks. This is a friend of mine who knew the guy that bought them (Hoffman). They have since been sold (Legendary Whitetail Collection).

Old 12-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't understand how thing isn't considerd typical! I know they say the G3 on the left side isn't anyhting but an abnormal point, but it looks pretty normal to me! Just makes me wonder about some of these scorers!
ORIGINAL: early in

Nubo, your thinking of the Zaft buck and he is my favorite. Edmonton Bow Zone, ya gotta luv it!

Quick Reply: Favorite famous deer shot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.