HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Eyeglasses fogging up (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/168562-eyeglasses-fogging-up.html)

KONK 12-05-2006 05:51 AM

Eyeglasses fogging up

Has anyone come across a product or home remedy the will prevent eyeglasses from fogging up in cold weather? I've tried some of the sprays but they don't seem to work. Any suggestions?

Konk

BGfisher 12-05-2006 06:52 AM

RE: Eyeglasses fogging up

Have never used the products I'm about to mention because I leave the glasses at home, but try one of the commercial lens defoggers used by scuba divers. You might have a shop nearby.

Another one we often use for diving is a mixture of water and baby shampoo. You could try it in a squeeze bottle, but requires another container of water to rinse it off. I know it owrks well on my scuba mask.

PABowhntr 12-05-2006 06:56 AM

I used a product called "Fog-tech" a year or two ago and found it to work quite well with my binoculars. I am not sure how it would work with your eyeglasses though.

Snood Slapper 12-05-2006 07:42 AM

4 bucks from campmor.com. It works.

I tried Fog Tech and find this to be far better and cheaper. FT has to be put on precisely in order to keep from streaking and it will smudge if touched. CC is a sort of waxy stuff that turns "liquidy" with the heat of your finger tip. Don't leave it in extreme heat, such as a car on a summer day, it ruins the integrity of the mixture and seperates it causing it to not work as well. Other than than, I've found nothing better.

rangerstud620 12-05-2006 11:47 AM

Several years ago I used Fog-tech and was impressed with the results. Worked just like advertised. I've since had Lasik so I don't wear glasses anymore but I'd recommend Fog-tech.

Treestandguy 12-06-2006 12:33 PM

I've given up on working on the glasses end of things. Now I try to find head/face gear that lets my breath through without fogging. Several years ago I found a nice knit type facemask, not too tightly woven(?),that allows my breath to go through and won't fog me up. I can even pull it up over my nose and generally not have a problem. Warm hat on the head and that over my face/neck and I'm toasty in our Midwestern weather! Sorry that I can't tell you a brand, don't even remember where I bought it. Just thought you might want to work from a different direction to tackle the problem.

I don't care about wearing glasses, no big deal since I've been wearing them since I was little kid. This ONE ISSUE is going to put me over the edge for surgery!

Jackson Bowner 12-07-2006 03:06 PM

I had the very same problem for all of my hunting life. Then I found the solution...Lasik surgery. Now I have 20/20 vision and never have to worry about any of those solutions that only work a little bit for a little while!

Wingbone 12-08-2006 06:48 PM

Liquid dish soap works for me. Put a drop on each side of the lense and smear it all over the glass. Take a clean cloth or tissue and wipe it dry. Moisture will form on the lense but it will disipate quickly. They won't fog.

crutch 12-08-2006 07:19 PM

I was at the deer convention in bloomington this year. I bought some of this stuff called Emerald sStar. Anti-fog& cleaner, anti reflective coating, cleans & prevents fogging on glass and plastic lenses. I no when he showed me it, he put it over a vaporizer and it didn't fog.

Seem to work pretty good the first few times I used it. Then used it again and I remember my glasses were fogging up a little. Maybe I didn't put it on good enough? I'll try it again this week end to recheck!

I use to wear contacts a long time ago. Does anyone wear contacts inreally cold weather? Do they work ok or do yours eyes tend to get blurry?

thanks

TeeJay 12-08-2006 07:20 PM

Contacts.