Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dogs

Old 12-05-2006, 02:44 PM

Default RE: Dogs

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

shoot em in th eguts with a low caliber hand gun like a 22 and let em suffer theyll go along way before dyeing.
OOOh tuff guy. if you have a problem witha dog and you know the owner, man up and talk to the owner. The dogs don't know any better.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, that's a little harsh, then again, maybe he's talking about the owners...
Old 12-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

I see wild dogs from time to time,I`ve also found deer with their hind quarter half eaten.They kill a deer then run off and kill another one.The differance between a tame dog and a wild dog is a dead dog and a live one. but that`s how I was raised,always told to shoot a wild dog in the guts.The timber wolves howl all night at the cabin,you can hear them go nuts when they kill a deer.I had one run right in front of me two years ago and did`nt kill it,my uncles were not happy with me.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

Just shoot them. Like everyone said before, it's your property and they are not your dogs. Instead of taking your bow, next time you may wanna take the rifle. That way you might be able to get a couple of 'em, heck, maybe even 3 or 4. Good Luck.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

During rifle season about 15 years ago, I had this dog chase deer by me opening morning, later that afternoon and the second morning. The second morning was the last time he ever chased deer.

Bust 'em.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:45 AM

we have a bad problem with people just dropping off the dogs they dont want out here in the country hopeing someone will take em in ,so they turn to finding food anyway they can. thats when they start messin with the wildlife and that doesnt set well with most hunters,thats when there taken out of the picture, so if you have time to go look for the owners of your stay dogs go ahead im not in to that im a deer hunter,[dog killer] not a dog owner locater ,im sure since 1980 it would be safe to say i have seen an excess of over 100 dogs in the crosshairs if you know what i meanps .But i wouldnt shoot in the guts and let em run off on purpose thats a little wild right there.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lol, yea just start throwing lead, but pack a toothbrush first because you may be getting yourself a ticket to the big house.

I'm no lawyer and certainly no expert on firearms laws, but I do know this: The laws are stiff for firearms crime and I've heard of mandatory sentencing.

Wanna bunk with Bubba for a few years?[8D]

Old 12-06-2006, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: vc1111

Lol, yea just start throwing lead, but pack a toothbrush first because you may be getting yourself a ticket to the big house.

I'm no lawyer and certainly no expert on firearms laws, but I do know this: The laws are stiff for firearms crime and I've heard of mandatory sentencing.

Wanna bunk with Bubba for a few years?[8D]
I'm sure Bubba wouldn't mind bunking with one of these tough guys!
Old 12-06-2006, 08:48 AM

you may not be an expert or a lawyer but it sounds like you are a SISSY BOY.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:44 AM

For those of you who are against shooting these "wild" dogs, do you have a problem with shooting a yote or a wolf. IMO there is no difference between them. Hell eventually, if there is a female, the yotes are going to mate with her and then what do you have. A "hybrid" that isnt afraid of humans. I think its an unwritten law, if you have a collarless dog chasing deer through the woods put it down. If its collared, get a hold of it, take it back and tell them next time you wont be so nice. Bottom line is there really isnt a difference between the damage a dog or a yote will do the the wildlife.

Quick Reply: Dogs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.