Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How much venison do you guys eat?? >

How much venison do you guys eat??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much venison do you guys eat??

Old 12-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default How much venison do you guys eat??

I got my first a few weeks ago, and have plenty of meat in the freezer. I will be able to eat it a few times a month all winter. I will still try to get one more late in Dec., but I was reading some of the other threads...where guys have taken 3, 4, 5 and even more deer already in 2006. 5 deer in the freezer would require an overdose on venison in my opinion. Do you donate, eat that much or what? Not trying to start anything...just curious...thx
Old 12-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How much venison do you guys eat??

I donated one this year to a Hunters Sharing the Harvest program. I have 2 more in the freezer with quite a few tags to fill. I don't care if I shoot another in NY but I really want to take a few more does off the property in PA, there are too many there.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:31 PM

My family could EASILY eat 3 a year. We grind 90% of it and don't need to buy burger most of the year.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

to much i am about to pop now due to the deer i ate tonight (the onions didnt do me to well either[&:][:'(])
Old 12-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Really 2 deer is enough to sustain my family until next October. We eat venison about once a week sometimes more sometimes less. Most of the venison we eat is ground burger. We use it for everything (tacos, spaghetti, sloppy joes, hamburger helper, grilled burgers, anything you can think of.)

Then we'll have the occasional swiss steak or roast. Man I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!
Old 12-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just my wife and me take three big mature Illinois deer every year, with one of those usually a 200-lb. plus buck...
Old 12-03-2006, 07:39 PM

We have a lot ground too, as others have said, we use it for everything. We have already finished off 1 this fall, and the freezer is full, I plan on donating one to Share the Harvest, and other than that, Im looking to fill a buck tag, I havent filled any of my buck tags yet, and amready to fill one. I also had a lot of bratwurst and am having summer sausage made. its all good.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:43 PM

If we're lucky we have two deer a year in the freezer.

We pretty much stop buying beef until after we've finished off the venison.

We'll have it every night until its gone or we want something different.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've killed 4 does this year and have 2 in the freezer, gave one away and donated one. I'll eat it a couple of times a week... it'll usually be gone around May.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

I average 3 per year. My wife and I eat it all the time and I make sausage with it and share with family and friends. I have killed 2 so far and would like another one.
Everyones needs, wants, and desires are different.

Quick Reply: How much venison do you guys eat??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.