Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How much venison do you guys eat?? >

How much venison do you guys eat??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much venison do you guys eat??

Old 12-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How much venison do you guys eat??

I've taken 6 as of Saturday, my dad has killed one, and my hunting partner has killed 7 so far. I keep the backstraps and inner loins. The rest I have processed into sausage and deerburger. When I get it back from the butcher I store all I can in my freezer and my dads deep freezer and with the rest. I share the wealth with friends at work, landowners, neighbors, etc. I usually cankill allI need to get me through to October and the butcher wraps it, seals it, then flash freezes it so I don't have to worry about freezer burn or spoilage.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:37 PM

I basically live on deer meat all year long. I have killed 8 deer this year 6 with the bow 2 with the gun. I donate 1 or 2 a year to Hunters and Farmers, I also have some none hunting family members that really like deer. The rest goes in my freezer. I killed 11 deer last year and was out of everything but burger by July. It also helps that I live in a state with a lot of deer and very liberal bag limits.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:38 PM

We average abou 6-7 deer a year and we always empty the freezer. This is between my 2 brothers, me, our parents and our families.

I can't remember the last time I bought beef that wasn't served at Outback. I'll take natural venison any day vs hormone and drug soaked beef.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

None anymore - I give it all away. I lived on top ramen and deerburger all through highschool and college and law school. No more. It's all beef and chicken all the time for me nowadays. Occasionally, if I take a deer to the processor for somebody, I might smuggle out the sweet meat or a pack of loins, maybe even order a few hot sticks or a tube of summer sausage, but a pound or two is more than enough for me.

I just made myself sick of it, I guess.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

My kids love my jerky so one goes mostly to jerky and ground the other some ground and any body in the family that wasn't as fortunate gets what they want this year I believe I'll be the unfortunate one!
Old 12-05-2006, 06:08 AM

Hmmmm
I shot a 121# buck on October 18th....
I am out of venison.
I suck down at least 4-6 deers worth of meat a year...mostly in my famous, and rather delicious, venison mushroom stew.
I would tell you the recipe, but then I would have to kill you.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

1 last year, 2 (and counting) this year. Now that I have a little more venison in the freezer, I eat it almost every evening meal.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

All of it.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

me and the 3 kids can handle 3 at the most. my wife wont eat it, she needs help
Dan
Old 12-07-2006, 05:48 PM

My wife and I eat 3 per year. This year, so far, I have 1 Canadian buck that dressed around 240 and 2 does from WI. If I shoot anymore does here in WI I will give them away to someone who needs it.

Quick Reply: How much venison do you guys eat??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.