HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Proof Wounded Deer Can Live (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/168077-proof-wounded-deer-can-live.html)

MichaelT. 12-02-2006 02:08 PM

Proof Wounded Deer Can Live

Here are a couple of pics of a buck I have watched for months that I found where someone tried to poach it. This buck is illegal in the state of Arkansas, and was shot about the 23rd or 24th of Nov. I have pics of it still alive all the way up to the 29th. I have not checked the cameras since the 29th. BTW. I have this buck on 2 different cameras at my lease. I have called the state, and the Game Wardens are setting up to watch my lease for a while. This is the 2nd illegal buck I have found over the 7 days prior to the 29th.

But this shows that a buck can live with a neck shot. Also , this may be the result of a gun hunter.

God bless

ABarOfSoap 12-02-2006 02:10 PM

RE: Proof Wounded Deer Can Live

how do you know thats a gun shot, and not anything else?

gzg38b 12-02-2006 02:12 PM

You know I was involved in an "argument" over on archerytalk with a guy who quit shooting for the lungs in favor of neckshots with a bow. You wouldn't believe how many guys on that thread that also were in favor of neck shots.

This pic could have just been a bad shot, an accident, or anything. But regardless I don't think neck shots are a good idea.

janesburg 12-02-2006 02:12 PM

What makes it illegal??

janesburg 12-02-2006 02:13 PM

Could it be from fighting??

gzg38b 12-02-2006 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: janesburg

What makes it illegal??
What's your point? Just because something is NOT ILLEGAL doesn't make it right. It's not illegal to shoot an arrow into a deer's eye socket either. But it's still wrong.

MichaelT. 12-02-2006 02:31 PM

Well, It is illeagal in Arkansas, because we have a three point rule, and have had for several years. This deer is a fork and a spike.

The wound is either a gun or bow, but having seen deer shot in the neck with a gun on a few occasions, and having hunted for more than a few years , leads me to believe it is a gun shot.

And we have a fair amount of poaching that goes on at the properties around our lease. And they have been doing this for the last few years.

God Bless

janesburg 12-02-2006 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

ORIGINAL: janesburg

What makes it illegal??
What's your point? Just because something is NOT ILLEGAL doesn't make it right. It's not illegal to shoot an arrow into a deer's eye socket either. But it's still wrong.

gzg38b---did you even read his post? He said this buck is illegal in Arkansas!! That is why I asked!

janesburg 12-02-2006 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Well, It is illeagal in Arkansas, because we have a three point rule, and have had for several years. This deer is a fork and a spike.

Thats all I wanted to know. Got that gzg38b?

ABarOfSoap 12-02-2006 02:41 PM

i doubt that wound is from a weapon, its probly from fighting or a fence, because theres a wound on the side ofhis neck, than another one above his neck