Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 best target to shoot at? >

best target to shoot at?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

best target to shoot at?

Old 12-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default best target to shoot at?

im thinking of asking for a taget for x mas, the glendel 4by4 block looks good, what do you guys think?
Old 12-01-2006, 03:38 PM

Default RE: best target to shoot at?

Bag targets last the longest, but they are no good for broadheads.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:50 PM

Morrell SIX SHooter, you have six sides to shoot at. ( 2 broadhead and 4 field ).It's also 1/2 the price of a 4x4 block
Old 12-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OUTLAWCREWREDMAN

Morrell SIX SHooter, you have six sides to shoot at. ( 2 broadhead and 4 field ).It's also 1/2 the price of a 4x4 block
that got some bad reviews tho
Old 12-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Bag targets last the longest, but they are no good for broadheads.
Agreed, the best target period is a bag target, especially the larger Morrells. They last forever.....

Each fall, buy a cheap broadhead target...shooting any target with a broadhead destroys it. Don't buy expensive 3D targets and shoot broadheads into them. A great setup has a bag target, a broadhead target and a 3D.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:16 PM

I must be cheap. Paper grocery-sized bag full of newspapers (not crumpled, but stacked). With a broadhead hit, unscrew the shaft, reach in the bag and spread the papers apart, and retrieve the broadhead.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:26 PM

I picture you with bandaids on every finger.....[&:]
Old 12-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: beebecl

I must be cheap. Paper grocery-sized bag full of newspapers (not crumpled, but stacked). With a broadhead hit, unscrew the shaft, reach in the bag and spread the papers apart, and retrieve the broadhead.
OUCH![:@]
Old 12-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use a Morrell's Yellowjacket BH target and a Morrell's Infinity bag. I also have a McKenzie 3-d buck but don't tell Germ.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:59 PM

I have a Morrell bag target, two 3D McKenzie targets, and a Morrell Yellow Jacket broadhead target.

Without hesitation I would say that the Morrell Yellow Jacket is THE target for broadheads. I shoot broadheads A LOT........almost exclusively and that target has lasted me 3 years. That is amazing. It may have lasted longer but my brother had a POS Crimson Croc come off inside and I took it apart to get it out. Great target and unbelievably durable. (I should mention I shoot Stingers which go in and come out pretty clean) I think I paid $30 for it at Gander Mountain. Best deal ever.

I shoot field tips for a couple weeks just to get my shooting muscles back in tune in the spring time but other then that I really don't see the point.

I like the 3D targets because it keeps the sight picture of a deer in your head...........which is better then shooting at orange dots IMO (for a hunter anyways).

It's all fun and targets are made to be destroyed.

Quick Reply: best target to shoot at?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.