Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HOW BIG WAS YOUR FIRST DEER >

HOW BIG WAS YOUR FIRST DEER

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HOW BIG WAS YOUR FIRST DEER

Old 12-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: HOW BIG WAS YOUR FIRST DEER

ORIGINAL: GregH

You know what? That's funny. If you extend the tips of the stach straight down to the bottom of the jaw and add some gray, you'll have it!

BTW, how do you like my get up? A pair of coveralls from my dads work which he camo'd himself with paint. Uninsulated slip on rubber boots (in Dec.! My dad had sorrels[:@]), homemade back quiver (worked good), magic marker colored masking tape on my bow, $1.25 dime store knife (worked good though) and best of all my Sunday go to church gloves! My mom was furious when she found that out!

Anyway, I thought I looked cool. I wish more kids today would.
Said it before but I'll say it again after reading that....RESPECT!
Old 12-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mine was a monster button buck with my bow!!!!! I was so proud!! The deer dropped 30 yards from my tree, I called my dad while still in my tree, while telling him the story a huge 8 pointer comes over the ridge and starts smelling my deer that was down! I'll never forget that! Sure do miss you Dad!
Old 12-03-2006, 01:12 PM

8 pointer medium sized buck 110 maybe
Old 12-03-2006, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

Greg I agree with Rob...respect! After reading your post on you clothes and set up I thought I would elaberate on my first last Oct. I don't have a lot of money to spend on my hunting stuff so I bought a $100 Fred Bear bow last Aug 2005 in a package on clearance. I bought 3 arrows at walmart and their cheapest grizzly broadheads. I practiced almost everyday for a month before the season opened. I used army fatigues from a friend who was out of the reserves and was going to get rid of them. My boots were $2.50 Gortex from a garage sale across the street. I had a $6 knife and orange tape for the blood trail. I couldn't afford a tree stand or have land to make one on so I used a fold out chair and hunted off a rock cliff to get some height and scent advantage. I called this little guy in my 2nd time ever bowhunting. He was a 6 pt when I shot him but one side of his rack broke when he jumped off a rock towards the river and died in mid-air and hit rack broke on the ground. I've shot deer with a gun but I'm most proud of this little guy because he was my first with a bow and I didn't have a lot of $ to start. Sorry for the novel, just wanted to share the experience!

Old 12-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

[/quote]

My dad never hunted so in a lot of ways, I was on my own too.

I was on my own too thought im only 20 years old now i taght my self how to clean all my kills from ducks to deer. though im not the best at it i can still keep meat onmy deer. My dad never taght me, though he wanted to, because he was in prison until i was 13.He tells me almost every time i call him how proud i have made him with all i have accomplished.Anyways my first deer was a spike i was 16 hunting with my oldest brother
Old 12-04-2006, 07:12 AM
Dominant Buck

My first DEER, ever.....was Sept. 30th of this year. It's the buck in my avatar ....(7 point).

I've taken 3 moresince that day.

BTW Rob.....nice mullet.

Jeff
Old 12-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

First bow kill was a 5 point buck with a Bear Whitetail II. I'll have to scan the pic sometime to post.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

My first buck was an 8 pointer, 12 inch inside.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

First was a spike back in 1974. No pictures.

In those days if we saw two bucks in a season, it was a good season.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

first deer- doe
first buck - 140"

Quick Reply: HOW BIG WAS YOUR FIRST DEER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.