Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What state produces the biggest BUCKS? >

What state produces the biggest BUCKS?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What state produces the biggest BUCKS?

Old 12-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What state produces the biggest BUCKS?

ORIGINAL: shed33

I'm living in the wrong state, but If I was single man wanting to live out my life in the whitetail woods, I'd head north to Saskatchewan and make camp next to my buddy Hiawatha. Folks up there aren't so into "entering book bucks" I witnessed bucks up there thatus Yankeeswould go nutzo over..to those folks they're used to it and they don't make a big deal about it. Sas, three times the size of texas, only roughly one million people. Whitetail habitat as good as it gets. 300lb blocky headed bruisersthat make 160 inch racks look small on the tops of their heads. jm2c
I have a friend that lives on a reservation up in Saskatchewan. She always tells me about how so many hunters from the US always head up there for the deer. She told me that whenever I want to go, all I have to do is ask her. Haven't taken her up on it yet.. but in due time.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

ILLINOIS!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

ILLINOIS ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Wisconsin, Saskatchewan, and Alberta. You can't really narrow it down to only 1.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:10 PM

midwest for whitetails i think by far have the most consistent huge deer
Old 12-01-2006, 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: HammytheHunter
I have a friend that lives on a reservation up in Saskatchewan. She always tells me about how so many hunters from the US always head up there for the deer. She told me that whenever I want to go, all I have to do is ask her. Haven't taken her up on it yet.. but in due time.
Something tells me you cannot just show up in sask and hunt a reserve without dishing out some coin. I will dig a bit deeper on this issue. bbl. calling skeeter
Old 12-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hiawatha

ORIGINAL: HammytheHunter
Something tells me you cannot just show up in sask and hunt a reserve without dishing out some coin. I will dig a bit deeper on this issue. bbl. calling skeeter
Like I said, I am not sure on how it would work. I haven't talked to her recently about it, but I imagine that nothing would be 100% free. It would be nice if it were though. I would just love to be able to visit.. just for the mere chance to see the types of deer that live north of our borders. I don't want to make you work for answers Hia... I was just saying that I have the friend.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:23 PM

Back with my info, still need a allotted tag handed out to the outfitters by the government. They run 250 as for the guiding fees maybe they would give ya a free bee (eat $3000) but i doubt it. So unless they have a non res tag for ya um i suggest your friend quit giving out offers. Nobody else can do it. Leavin b4 i get goin on the issue.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap
i doubt this map is true, i live near ny and theres no deer hunting here because theres no deer!, but they have my area in green!?
Soap -
You're reading the map wrong. Green means there's the fewest PY/BC entries from this area. Brown means the most B&C / P&Y entries.

It's interesting that Northern Michigan is entirely green even. That's where the highest hunting pressure is and suprise - hardly no big bucks!

My sister lives in Wisconsin. I think I should go visit her every year around the 1st of November.....
Old 12-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Iowa has the P&Y world record. The B&C world record is from MO.

Quick Reply: What state produces the biggest BUCKS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.