Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just had a freak accident at the bow shop-range >

Just had a freak accident at the bow shop-range

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just had a freak accident at the bow shop-range

Old 11-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Just had a freak accident at the bow shop-range

Ouch !
OK my friend needs some work on his bow so we go to our pro shop. I get there and go to the range while hes getting his bow worked on. I go to lane 1 and shoot 3 chronos right off the back. I go pull my arrows and notice an arrow in lane 3. I am the only one there and just leave the arrow alone. BIG MISTAKE !
So I go back and start shooting from lane 2, did this a couple of times then I start to aim at those tiny little sticker bulls eyes, placed a various location and heights on the back stop. One was about 6' high, well I go pull my arrows and cant pull the top one, I go back to the shooting station for an arrow puller and when I return I am walking up and looking at my arrow getting ready to pull and BAM ! I walked right into the arrow that was left by someone in shooting lane three. Hit me square in the eye and put me to the ground. Got me pretty good and my eye is turning black, the white of my eye is solid blood shot and have some pretty good tearing at the very bottom of my eye and eye lid. I had double vision and excruciating pain in eye and head, but that all has stopped. But my eye hurts quite a bit still. Wife says I should go to the doc, I started to go to emergency room but started feeling a bit better so my bud drove me home. And here I am.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:51 PM

Default RE: Just had a freak accident at the bow shop-range

I'd still head into the emergency room.

Better to find out what a doctor has to say before things get worse.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man I am sorry to hear that....... Make sure you have it looked at loosing vision even in one eye would be a tuff thing live with...

Best of luck, hope all is well.
[/align]
Old 11-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

the most important question is:

Is this your dominant eye???

just kidding. but you should seriously get that checked out. now. all kidding aside, get in the car right now and get it checked out.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Site Buck Guru

That hurts, man. I did the same thing. I'd go have it looked at, you only got two of them and one is your aiming eye. Gotta keep them in good shape.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Spike

Hey, sorry to hear that happened to ya. Good News! The Human eye "recoats" itself every 24 hours, so any scratches on the exterior layer should be gone tomm. night.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree, I'd go get checked out asap
Old 11-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow, that is bad news man. I hope you heal up quickly

Old 11-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Wow, man you're lucky you didn't lose an eye. Could've been worse, glad there isn't any permanent damage.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even if there is no major damage they will still give you eye drops and an antibiotic to apply. This will help in the healing process. Eye injuries are to be taken seriously. I was cutting some sheet metal over the summer and got a piece stuck in my eye. Looked like a spec of dust but hurt like heck. They removed it and gave me the stuff to treat it. Was back to normal a week later.

Quick Reply: Just had a freak accident at the bow shop-range

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.