Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Natural Mock scrape found >

Natural Mock scrape found

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Natural Mock scrape found

Old 11-30-2006, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Natural Mock scrape found

Hey guys, i've always heard of guys doing a "mock scrape" next to an active buck scrape, but during the gun season i found 2 scrapes, one that was 2 feet away from the first one. I'm positve these were two bucks because of the way it is scraped. above both spots you can see where they chewed the branches. I assumed this is a spot where 2 bucks actually made a natural mock scrape ? I wish i would have found this during the bow season when they were active.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Natural Mock scrape found

Lol, a natural mock scrape...[8D] They wouldn't be "mock" scrapes if made by bucks now would they, they would be two actual scrapes, nothing "mock" about it... j/k
Old 11-30-2006, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

Sometimes bucks will just make multiple scrapes under the same bush or tree. I have my trail cam
set up on two scrapes right now and they are only about 5 feet apart. I have seen this a lot.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

raxx is right...they arent "mock scrapes" the term"mock scrape" is when a hunter makesa scrape to MOCK(look like) a real scrape..

your finding is pretty common. i find it more common to find multiple scrapes in an area. i had one buck make like 6 within a 50yd area.

your finding may be active. id keep an eye on it. if its old it would probably be filled in with leaves by now...they dont last long untended. the leave fall and wind covers them up pretty quick. might wanna keep an eye on it. ive found scrapes still active clear into january. though they do tend to slow up after the rut and may not be worth hunting...i dont know...im going to try to do research on it this offseason..i think scrape hunting could be the ticket if done right...i just gotta do the research and figure out when, where, what scrapes etc..
Old 11-30-2006, 05:25 PM

mauser06 said it right.

mock scrapes are made by hunters in a bucks area to fire a buck up by making him think there's an intruding buck in his area.

went hunting with a friend and he made a mock scrape....come back next day and a buck had worked it over the previous nightand put his hoof print right in the middle of it.

Look in your scrapes....if you see a hoofprint....then it's active and he's running his scrape line so keep an eye on it.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rax is right... lol
Old 11-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Ifound a scrape last weekend , still clean had alot of hoofprints in it i hope thats a good sign, because when i was out hunting didn't see the frist deer morn or evening going out sat evening hope to see something or i'm going to be realy upset becaues i have a doe tag to fill and buck tag don't want to eat that much tag soup if you know what i mean
Old 11-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

lol i hope your kidding right?a REAL MOCK SCRAPE!!!!!please tell me your kidding.its got to be a joke.right?man i hope it was.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had to look!
Old 12-01-2006, 03:17 AM

I just packed my lunch. I'm gonna have a bologna sandwich with genuine immitation cheese.

Quick Reply: Natural Mock scrape found

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.