Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 is this considered baiting? >

is this considered baiting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is this considered baiting?

Old 11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default is this considered baiting?

please no sarcastic remarks, im being serious...

is huting over some sort of crop feild considered baiting and illegal to do in the non baiting states?, what about a naturally grown apple tree, is that considered baiting?

i know throwing corn on the ground and hutning over thats illegal, but what about these cases.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: is this considered baiting?

From everything I've ever heard and/or read, hunting over an agricultural field or a naturally occurring fruit tree/food source is NOT considered baiting. That's just good hunting.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Legal wise, no.But in all practicality, it is. So for all those bait phobic people, they should refrain from hunting these areas.

Sorry, had to throw in just a little sarcasim.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

mn is no bait as well,but if its natural its legal for instance acorns,deer love em,they cant outlaw every kind of food plot
Old 11-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

i forgot about apple trees. dang nice one man. they love those, but are apples in season?
Old 11-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Spike

Here in Missouri it is not considered baiting when hunting in a food plot, crop, or apple orchard, however if you throw a sack of corn or anyother food supplement out, it has to be removed ten days prior to hunting over, near, or in the vicinty of the area baited.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:24 PM

Here in WI. You can hunt over natural food. Apple trees, Corn Feilds.
Now if you are baiting in such other area. you can only place 2 gallons of bait for every I think 40 acres. You may bait on more then one spot within the 40 acre area as long as all together it is 2 gallons or less. You may not bait the day before hunting season or during. And im not sure on this. In order to bait. You must have a hunting license to feed the animals. Mostly a deer license. Baiting Turkeys is Illegal. They want you to have a license so the baiting is for hunting purpuses only and not for viewing. And so the WDNR can get a few extra $$$. Our whole state is messed up on baiting. They should eather have baiting or not have baiting. Expessially due to the they found out CWD is tranfered from saliva or Mucus. Now baiting wont stop CWD by far. Because the deer are still eating in general areas. Feilds, On deer trails they eat the same twigs. But it would reduce the spreading of CWD without baiting in general. I myself put out corn. I had bucks come in to eat on it and I used that chance to get some awsome pictures of the deer. I did however not hunt over it.

Anyways. If its natural food source. Food plots. Or Agriculteral, You can hunt over it.
Cory
Old 11-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Someone else said this and I thought it was really good.

"If it grows there, it is not baiting, if it's put there, it's baiting"....

Pretty much sums it up. In PA, a very strict state, Crops, harvested or not is not baiting, food plots regardless of size are not baiting. You can hunt over an apple trees that are dropping apples but you cannot put apples there.

Old 11-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

as long as your not huntiong within 200 yards of any kind of feed or bird feeders you are fine the ranger tried to get me and some friends a few weeks back. but they were just bird houses
Old 11-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are a farmer and you store some of your grain on the ground you should have the right to protect it from wild animals, right?

Quick Reply: is this considered baiting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.