Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another Vectrix vs. Drenalin Test... >

Another Vectrix vs. Drenalin Test...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another Vectrix vs. Drenalin Test...

Old 11-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another Vectrix vs. Drenalin Test...

I am one that really doesn't care what I shoot. The way I see it is all bow manufactures now days have a good idea on how to make a good bow and have the technology and equipment to verify it. Like was said before, they all will kill deer. I for one can not imagine one bow feeling horibly different enough for me to not like it. I really do not care if one bow only make 46dB of noise at 10 yards away versus 55dB. And how much hand shock can there really be? Will you notice that when your adrenaline is rushing while drawn on an animal. Pobably not.

It's all sales mumbo jumbo![8D]
Old 11-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are right wheatly you wont that 1 shot you are shooting at a deer. But you will with the 6,000 shots you will take at that target all summer and fall!
Old 11-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

But if you ever hunted with a bow 5 or 10 years ago would it really bother you now with a bow made in the past 3 years?
Come on were not holding on to jack hammers here.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:01 PM

all i know is the pearson i have is pretty slow and loud compared to my dads parker magnum<<< i think thats what it is called<<< it is a older parker. but i cant wait to get some kind of new bow.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Cool! Cause I think you're full of %$&#!

Jeff

(I'm just yankin your chain......)
Actually I am quite regular, no constipation here;no need for magazines in the bathroom either. I get in and take care of business.
BTW, who are these guys that need magazines or newspapersfor the bathroom? Man whenI go, I don't have time for the 1st paragraph.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't shot the Drenalin but I have shot the Switchback XT extensively. I find it hard to believe that the Drenalin can be that much better than a Switchback. I could barely tell the bow was firing when I would let go of the sting. Zero hand shock. The draw is so nice and the break on the let off is perfect. I just have a hard time believing the Drenalin can be "much" better. It would have to shoot itself.

Tom
I tend to agree, IMO as far as smoothness and hand shockgoes its hard to tell any difference (if at all) between the Drenalin, Switchback XT, and the regular Switchback. Because the Switchback and the Drenalin share the same BH and ATA length(7" & 33") its hard to tell felt differences when shootingbetween the two bows other than the weight. Others say the can feel differences between the twobows but for me they honestly feel about the same. The Drenalin is a half pound ligher which is noticeableits alsojust a tad faster. But unless your shooting througha chrono you would never know that either.I have joked with afew friends saying Mathews should have named this bowSwitchback Ultra light or light weight.Ithink if a person already owns a Switchbackor SBXT then there is no need for the Drenalin, but for some that just have to have the new bow every year, then the Drenalin will be a winner.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Decided, last night.....

I'm gonna buy a new bow for next year....and keep the Switchback, too. I'm currently a Mathews shooter....and I've got my mind kinda set on a new model.......thing is....it's a BOWTECH! I AM going to shoot the Drenaline....the Vectrix.....the Allegiance the Liberty and the SB XT before I buy one, though. Right now....I really don't care which one I end up with. I'm gonna shoot 'em all and make my decision the correct way. If I like something better than the Allegiance....I'll be surprised.....but ya never know.

Jeff
Old 11-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry....I meant to say the TRIBUTE i.l.o. the Liberty.

Jeff