Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another Vectrix vs. Drenalin Test... >

Another Vectrix vs. Drenalin Test...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another Vectrix vs. Drenalin Test...

Old 11-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Another Vectrix vs. Drenalin Test...

I went to a bow shop and shot the Drenalin as well. I was impressed. I probably should've shot the Hoyt, the dealer asked if I wanted to but I didn't. I went shopping for a Matthews, Ross or Darton.

I compared it to my current bow and the Drenalin was a lot faster, shorter and lighter. Everything about it was better than my current bow. Except the price tag. I paid nearly $500. for my current bow and had to lay out $750. for the Drenalin.

My current bow is a 15-20 year old Oregon bow that doesn't owe me a thing. So any bow I'd of shot would've probably impressed me.What really intriqued me with the Drenalin was how quiet it shot and the lightweight, two things I was looking for in a hunting bow.

Now if it would just get here so I could hunt a few weeks before the season closes.

Happy Hunting
Dan
Old 11-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

ORIGINAL: HighCountry_BruteForce

HCH, I didn't put a dime down at the shop. The only drenalin he had left was the test/demo bow that he was letting people shoot. But when two of my buddies who work on barges on the miss. river get their time off to come home we are going together and all three buying new Drenalin bows. The shop owner has agreed to work a deal with us buying three bows and having them all set up at his shop. I'll make sure and post some pic's for you of three guys, with three brand new drenalin bow's if that makes my experience anymore valid to you.

If you happened to look over my entire first post and not stop at where I said I liked the Drenalin better then the Vectrix you would have saw that I posted everyone looking for a new bow and who's interested in the two should shoot them both first and get their own opinion on them. Ever since I started bowhunting 8 years ago, I have shot High Country Archery bows. But being in the market for a new bow, and my original shop dropping High Country for CSS I went to a new shop and shot some of the diff. bows. No need to get upset over the fact that I didn't say the Vectrix was the smoothest bow I shot.
So your buddies are commited to buying a bow they have never even shot yet??WOW, thats just crazy, and typical all at the same time.

I dont really care what bow anyone likes or doesnt like, there will always be haters of all manufacturers. I base my decision off of what bows feels good in my hands.Just about any modern bow will kill a deer if the person shooting is a proficient hunter/shooter. Give me the loudest, slowest bow any of you have and I'll bet you anything I can kill a deer within a few days of practicing with the bow.Your opions are your opinions. I believe some of the opinions are more honest or genuine than others in all honesty, some seem more like trying to get back at someone or something for previous posts or disagreements??Most poeple wont have the same opinion or feel for material things anyway, just like cars, motorcycles, guns,fishing rods and reels, boats, WOMEN, etc ....Im sure the Mathews is seriously a bad a$$ bow, it certainly cant be a POSjust as all the new bows are pretty darn cool. Buy it, shoot it, practice with it, kill deer with it, have fun with it, you can do this with any make or model, the rest is prettier bells and whistles.
Well said.I agree. You know there is an old saying; if we all liked the same thing, it would be a boring world. How true!!!Now go out and buy a new bow, the American archery economy is depending on you.

That bold type that I high lighted is so true in many cases. I know two guys that just got into archery this fall and went to Des Moines to buy two Switchback XT's sight unseen and both had never shot a modern compound. They did not shoot anything else. They walked up to the counter and said ;"Two switchback XT' please". They saw them on TV in the hunting shows and in the magazines and this is what they had to have. True story. I am sure it happens all the time.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

MAYBE MAAYBE MAAAAAYBE 1/2 of you guys arent biased to one brand of bow or another,but at least you shoot them before buying a new one every year.I gotta think 90% of everyone who buys a bow already knows what they want before they shoot it.For instance,I`m a bowtech guy,I already know I WANT the new constitution because if I could say build me a bow it would be everything the new constitution is(41 a/a - 8 inch bh - 320 ibo) long means acurate,8 bh means acurate,and how do you get a bow with an 8 inch brace hight to go 320 fps? come on that`s awsome...anyway,and I`m not bashing mathews again but,hunters watch hunting shows,hunters see SWITCHBACK every 5 minutes,hunters read mag`s hunters see SWITCHBACK 3 page adds in every single mag,what do you think a hunter working 50 hours a week,with no time to shoot every bow out there is going to do? Well if he knows me he`s going to disregard the propaganda and buy a bowtechbut seriously I would tell him/her the same thing,shoot these bows (and chrono)and see if you like it,
Old 11-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both were set on Switchback XT's, and were really set on them after the Drenalin came out with a 33 inch ata. They may still go with a Switchback XT, but I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I said they would get the Drenalin. Once they get to shoot it, they will more then likely go that route compared to the XT. Just a prediction, but not a shot in the dark.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya know. Even if they do walk into a proshop and buy a Mathews without ever having shot it or any other bow for that matter, they are still getting one of the best bows on the market right now. Not a bad thing really. The next time they buy they may buy something different.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:49 AM
Dominant Buck

HCH:

2 points

#1 - "I" was one of those guys. I had never shot a bow of any kind (other than a recurve) when a friend of mine (who shoots Hoyts, BW) told me to buy a Mathews. he said I'd be happy with it. He's a guide that guides elk hunt sin CO.....but lives in NC (knows the land owners, there). He said I'd be happy.....I took his advice....and I have been happy. I have shot other bows, though....and I have a VERY open mind. I'm likely going to buy a Bowtech for next year....so that I have 2 bows (just in case). I can set one up to hunt and one up to shoot 3D. We'll see which one goes where.

#2 - After ALL you've said derogatory about MAthews......and the fact that you've already admitted to having a Vectrix on order.....do you REALLY expect us to believe that you went into the shop with an open, unbiased mind to look at the Vectrix and the Drenaline? Really? How would you have saved face by coming here and admitting to buying such an inferior weapon....lol?

Jeff
Old 11-29-2006, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HighCountry_BruteForce

Both were set on Switchback XT's, and were really set on them after the Drenalin came out with a 33 inch ata. They may still go with a Switchback XT, but I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I said they would get the Drenalin. Once they get to shoot it, they will more then likely go that route compared to the XT. Just a prediction, but not a shot in the dark.
I haven't shot the Drenalin but I have shot the Switchback XT extensively. I find it hard to believe that the Drenalin can be that much better than a Switchback. I could barely tell the bow was firing when I would let go of the sting. Zero hand shock. The draw is so nice and the break on the let off is perfect. I just have a hard time believing the Drenalin can be "much" better. It would have to shoot itself.

Tom
Old 11-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

HCH:

2 points

#1 - "I" was one of those guys. I had never shot a bow of any kind (other than a recurve) when a friend of mine (who shoots Hoyts, BW) told me to buy a Mathews. he said I'd be happy with it. He's a guide that guides elk hunt sin CO.....but lives in NC (knows the land owners, there). He said I'd be happy.....I took his advice....and I have been happy. I have shot other bows, though....and I have a VERY open mind. I'm likely going to buy a Bowtech for next year....so that I have 2 bows (just in case). I can set one up to hunt and one up to shoot 3D. We'll see which one goes where.

#2 - After ALL you've said derogatory about MAthews......and the fact that you've already admitted to having a Vectrix on order.....do you REALLY expect us to believe that you went into the shop with an open, unbiased mind to look at the Vectrix and the Drenaline? Really? How would you have saved face by coming here and admitting to buying such an inferior weapon....lol?

Jeff
LOLJeff, you can't be serious??!! I don't care what my buddies here in the real world and my hometown think of the bow I shoot let alone what you or others think on the internet. WOW!!! I just spent my $$ on what I thought was the best bow; NOT sorry you didn't like the results, but guess what; IT WAS MY MONEY!! BTW; I never bash Mathews or any other brand of bow. I tease my buddy TeeJay mainly and Motown just to tease; NOTHING MORE. Save Face; anybody that knows me knows I don't give a#$%* what anybody thinks; plain and simple.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Cool! Cause I think you're full of %$&#!

Jeff

(I'm just yankin your chain......)
Old 11-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

If its not a Mathews.....Its just not worth talking about!

Quick Reply: Another Vectrix vs. Drenalin Test...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.