Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another Vectrix vs. Drenalin Test... >

Another Vectrix vs. Drenalin Test...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another Vectrix vs. Drenalin Test...

Old 11-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Banned

Default RE: Another Vectrix vs. Drenalin Test...

Idaho; my point is I want to hear from a guy that shot both and actually bought one or the other; I take these kind of reviews a little more seriously is all.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

So what you're saying HCH is that just because this guy ( a fellow WV boy I might add) didn't buy one of the bows he can't be objective about his opinion on both bows. Well all that I can say about that is from reading all of your post on Mathews bashing I would have a hard time putting any weight on your opinion. JMHO
Old 11-28-2006, 02:21 PM

Whether a guy is spending money or notis a moot point in my mind HCH. I don't get that logic.Personally, Idon't have to be in the market to buy a new bow and I could still do a subjective review, but only to a point because, in house pro shop shooting sessions only allow the shooter to get a feel for the bow and not much more.

For instance, your glowing review of theVectrixis based on less than 50 shots and you proclaimed that it is the best bow you have ever shot. It would take mea heckuva lot more than a few dozen arrows to come to that conclusion. For me to make that type of endorsement would requiresome serious tuning and shooting time with fieldpoints, then broadheads to see if it is indeed the best I've shot.

There's my nickels worth.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actually tend to agree with HCH and his purchasing philosophy. When I bought my Old Glory, I had shot the Trykon XL, Switchback XT, and the Old Glory side by side about a month earlier, but I was not in the buying mood, so I was not too tuned in to what the bow actually did. When I went to the pro-shop, deciding that on that particular night I was going to buy a new bow, I shot the three of them again, paying extremely close attention to all the facets that make a quality bow. I did this because I knew one of those three was going to be my new bow, for a long time too most likely. So, I think that HCH has a definite point in his posts.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Banned

Exactly YooperMike,
These are both great bows. When I walked into the store yesterday, my full intentions and purpose, was to shoot the Vectrix and the Drenaline with an open mindand go home with the better bow.This is what I did. A person looks at and reviews a product a lot more seriously when he is getting ready to lay down $750-$800 than a person that goes into shoota couple of bows to see what he likes or thinks about them. Totally different attitude towards the entire shooting session for the two people. One is checking them out, and the other is making a decision that affects him or her big time.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

HCH, I didn't put a dime down at the shop. The only drenalin he had left was the test/demo bow that he was letting people shoot. But when two of my buddies who work on barges on the miss. river get their time off to come home we are going together and all three buying new Drenalin bows. The shop owner has agreed to work a deal with us buying three bows and having them all set up at his shop. I'll make sure and post some pic's for you of three guys, with three brand new drenalin bow's if that makes my experience anymore valid to you.

If you happened to look over my entire first post and not stop at where I said I liked the Drenalin better then the Vectrix you would have saw that I posted everyone looking for a new bow and who's interested in the two should shoot them both first and get their own opinion on them. Ever since I started bowhunting 8 years ago, I have shot High Country Archery bows. But being in the market for a new bow, and my original shop dropping High Country for CSS I went to a new shop and shot some of the diff. bows. No need to get upset over the fact that I didn't say the Vectrix was the smoothest bow I shot.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Banned

HCBF, I am happy if you are happy; you are the one that has to be because you are the one spending the $.Are these barge guys buying without shooting based on your review just because you can all get a deal? BTW gutshot; sorry I responded to a fellow WV resident. I will have to look at avatars better and make sure I stay away from posts that have a WV resident in it; what the hell was I thinking.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

hch, I understand now what you are saying, not sure I agree, but I sure do respect your point of view. I myself own a 05 Switchback, and a 06 switchback xt. I am not going to get another hunting bow this year, as I feel that my money will be spent on better things. I do work in a Mathews shop part time and have spent quite a bit of time now with the drenalin. I know that its a smooth shooting bow. As well as my SB and SBXt, being a big guy 6'3 with big hands I have always liked the fatter grip of the Mathews. On the other hand I hate the feel of the hoyt bows, and I think that they do have a lot of hand shock compared to other bows. I know of a lot of shooters who have the drenalin on order with there hard earned money and they have shot all the different brand of bows.So I guessthe point I am trying to make is that it doesn't matter what you or I or anyone else thinks or feels when we aretesting a bow for ourself. What bow I like because of the feel someone else with surely hate and will think it has hand shock.Most of us will have different results of our own tests to make us happy with the bow we have choosen to buy. Sure a few will be surprized and will change their mindbut the fact of the matter is most of the top of the line bows out there today have few flaws, and there is not a best of the best winner. Its all personal choice. On one last note, I feel that an archer who isn't buying a bow doesn't carry a predjudice toward or against any particular bow. They just want to shoot to get the feel. This being said, I feel their reviews can be very fair.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

I agree idahoelkinstructor. I went in and shot the drenalin and personally i loved it, but hey thats just me and my own opion and the new drenalin is deffinatly at the top of my christmas list.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HighCountry_BruteForce

HCH, I didn't put a dime down at the shop. The only drenalin he had left was the test/demo bow that he was letting people shoot. But when two of my buddies who work on barges on the miss. river get their time off to come home we are going together and all three buying new Drenalin bows. The shop owner has agreed to work a deal with us buying three bows and having them all set up at his shop. I'll make sure and post some pic's for you of three guys, with three brand new drenalin bow's if that makes my experience anymore valid to you.

If you happened to look over my entire first post and not stop at where I said I liked the Drenalin better then the Vectrix you would have saw that I posted everyone looking for a new bow and who's interested in the two should shoot them both first and get their own opinion on them. Ever since I started bowhunting 8 years ago, I have shot High Country Archery bows. But being in the market for a new bow, and my original shop dropping High Country for CSS I went to a new shop and shot some of the diff. bows. No need to get upset over the fact that I didn't say the Vectrix was the smoothest bow I shot.
So your buddies are commited to buying a bow they have never even shot yet??WOW, thats just crazy, and typical all at the same time.

I dont really care what bow anyone likes or doesnt like, there will always be haters of all manufacturers. I base my decision off of what bows feels good in my hands.Just about any modern bow will kill a deer if the person shooting is a proficient hunter/shooter. Give me the loudest, slowest bow any of you have and I'll bet you anything I can kill a deer within a few days of practicing with the bow.Your opions are your opinions. I believe some of the opinions are more honest or genuine than others in all honesty, some seem more like trying to get back at someone or something for previous posts or disagreements??Most poeple wont have the same opinion or feel for material things anyway, just like cars, motorcycles, guns,fishing rods and reels, boats, WOMEN, etc ....Im sure the Mathews is seriously a bad a$$ bow, it certainly cant be a POSjust as all the new bows are pretty darn cool. Buy it, shoot it, practice with it, kill deer with it, have fun with it, you can do this with any make or model, the rest is prettier bells and whistles.

Quick Reply: Another Vectrix vs. Drenalin Test...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.