Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thanks for the input... I signed up for GameTraxx! >

Thanks for the input... I signed up for GameTraxx!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks for the input... I signed up for GameTraxx!

Old 11-28-2006, 01:06 AM

Default Thanks for the input... I signed up for GameTraxx!

Hey,

I just wanted to say I've been on here for a week or so, and you guys are awesome. I'm amazed at the number of regulars here, and everyone is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Keep up the good work!

I'm interested in finding a good online hunting journal to post hunts, pics, etc. I ran across GameTraxx.com, but I don't know anything about it. I think it must be new, but I'd like to hear opinions of anyone who's heard about it or tried it out.

Thanks and happy hunting,

TG
Old 11-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Online Hunting Journal??

That is a great concept and if it wasn't an online site, but rather a stand alone application I might consider it. I myself don't really want people tracking my hunting spots and activity that closely. I definetely don't want my wife to know how many hours I spend in the field. Let us know if you register and how you like it. I set up a hunting/fishing blog a few years ago to journal my activities. Now that I have found Huntingnet I pretty much post all of my activities here.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:24 PM

ORIGINAL: ryanaller

That is a great concept and if it wasn't an online site, but rather a stand alone application I might consider it. I myself don't really want people tracking my hunting spots and activity that closely. I definetely don't want my wife to know how many hours I spend in the field.
When you say you don't want people tracking your hunting spots, do you mean the owners of the site? I doesn't look like the general public has access to your personal data (including your wife, unless she has your password).

I found this quote on the site:

"GameTraxx uses your data anonymously to create a community database, WHILE MAKING SURE THAT ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND AREAS REMAIN COMPLETELY SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL."

The caps/bold was just like that on the site, so it looks like this is a key point they want to get accross.

Anyone else have an opinion?
Old 11-28-2006, 09:06 PM

Just to follow up again... I contacted GameTraxx and they confirmed that all your info (name, hunts, spots, etc.) is all private. The data you enter after a hunt (all your sightings and harvests) are stored privately AND in a community database, but the community database only keeps up with the data by County. Your name and spots are not seen by anyone else.

So really it's a personal journal, unlike the public Field Journals here on huntingnet. I does look like they keep up with all the weather for you and then you can graph out your activity by temperature, barometric pressure, lunar phase, etc. Overall, a really cool concept.

I'm going to read about it a little more before I decide to sign up, but I'd still like other opinions from you guys.

Oh yeah, I'll post a link this time! (sorry)[8D] http://www.gametraxx.com

TG
Old 11-29-2006, 05:23 PM

Well, since I'm not getting much response here, is there a better forum (topic) to post this under?

Thanks!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:04 PM

reckless try http://www.visualhunter.com/
Old 11-29-2006, 08:21 PM

Thanks for the link, waterfx. I think I saw this one a year or so ago, but I forgot about it. I like some of the features like the mapping, but after reviewing both of them, it looks like GameTraxxdoes a lot more for you in terms of weather tracking and actual graphical comparisons. And for me, the fact that it's onlineis a plus, because I don't have to worry about backing up my data, and I can log on using any computer if I'm hunting out of town. I also read on GameTraxx that they are coming out with a mapping feature to download maps or draw your own.

If anyone is already a member or wants to check it out and report back, I'd appreciate it. www.gametraxx.com

Thanks again,

TG
Old 12-01-2006, 10:16 AM

Default I signed up for GameTraxx.

Hey, I just wanted to let eveyone know that i signed up for GameTraxx. Using the site is easy and quick once you get the hang of it. I entered my journal from last year and this year in less than an hour, and now I can go back and look at all the details. Looks like they only have the weather data for this year, though. I must say it is really cool to be able to look at the graphs from this season to see the effect that barometric pressure and lunar phase have on activity. Overall, I'd say the $40/year is a steal for what you get. I'd recommend it if you're serious about tracking actvity or just want to keep a history of your hunts. Let me know if anyone has any questions about the site. Since I'm a member now, it should be easy to answer. Plus, I'd like to give back to all the guys here. Check it out at www.gametraxx.com.

TG