Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

monstrous buck

Old 11-27-2006, 10:01 AM

Default RE: monstrous buck

Sorry about what happened man. Now you know better.

It's easy to get flamed here at times. You aren't the only one here who has ever lost a deer due to your own mistake. Learn from it and move on.

I remember when I shot my first bow buck in the mid 80's. I thought I knew what I was doing because I practiced and read whatever I could find. I basically taught myself. Anyhow, I shot a buck right at dark and immediately climbed down out of the tree and started tracking. I didn't have the experience to know any better. The deer was bedded less than 100 yards from my stand. I jumped him and the chase ensued. A few hours later, after jumping him a couple more times, I found the buck after searching on hands and knees for specks of blood. Had I been more experienced, I would have waited until morning and most likely would havefound that deer right where I jumped him the first time.

Don't let these guys get you down. Try to become more educated about what to do and not do. Yeah, you screwed up, but pretty much everybody who has been doing this for any length of time has lost a deer due to his/her mistakes in the woods.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Spike

End
Old 11-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

the deer i shot last year, i think i was out of my tree within 10 seconds of the shot, of course i heard it fall and was to excited to sit there and wait.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:38 PM

Im with atlasman on this one... This sounds fake to me. And childers... What is the point in posting a thread such as this one? All you can do is track the deer. If you cant find any blood, grid the area and look that way. There is no other advice to give in this situation. Also if you knew you made the mistakes then why are you getting mad when some one points them out? It sounds to me like you lack COMMON SENSE...
Old 11-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

uh oh here it goes again I have`nt been here that long but it seems to me that some people are trying to boost thier own ego by critisizing others,which is iether pride or a lack of self esteem.Lets see moreand less[:@]
Old 11-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok heres the rest of the story since i obviously didnt state ebough. i wasnt the one who wanted to start tracking that early. it was my dad he never believed me on waiting a couple ours. he waits in the cars and watches me from there while i hunt usually. and when i shot the deer i waited till i couldnt see him anymore and then went and got my dad. we prepared the car and gear. we then went and marked his trail on where i shot him and the direction his trail was headed. then he kept on trying to get me to go and track him. i kept saying no and he finnally just started without me and then i said o what the heck and went along. just the only reason i postd this is to know how long should the deer live for? please people just give me a straight up answer.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

First Atlas I am sorry!!

Nobody can give you the answer[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Atlas you should have used a 4 X 4 and swing harder!!

I was wrong tact will not work with this guy.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: childers

then he kept on trying to get me to go and track him. i kept saying no and he finnally just started without me and then i said o what the heck and went along.
so now basically your trying to make your dad look like the "bad guy" in all of this? Im just not going to say anything because atlasman pretty much said every point that i was going to say lol
Old 11-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nubo

Atlas !
I agree with you for the most part on this topic and I see where he's contradicted himself a few time's as well. Unfortunately I think my friend your beating a dead horse on this one .I hate seeing this type of thread as well ,but we all have to learn ,some learn in the back yard until they're ready to actually hunt ,and some make these very mistake's thinking that they're ready.
Unfortunately it's out of our control and we can only hope somehow and somewhere along the line they get the message and learn from their mistake's .

nubo
You sumed it up perfectly, I think this story has taken a turn for the worse. Childers, your just digging yourself a deeper grave. Just fess up to what really happened. I tried sticking up for you but next time, post the facts the way they are. And as for your answer; if it was a liver/gut shot he should be dead the next day, as long as you dont push him.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Spike

give the guy a break, you cant change anything now. i agree with atlas, but running this guy in to the ground will NOT help him find this deer or help him with is next hunt. Tell him what he did wrong then tell him what he needs to not do it again.

I hope this helps bud. This isa scenerio if you do not see it fall or make a questionable shot. Shoot him in the morning, wait untill evening. Shoot him near dark, wait untill morning. Just a simple rule to go by next time you hunt.

again, a situation that you should not of put yourself in, but we cant do anything about it now. Hindsite is always 20/20!

Quick Reply: monstrous buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.