Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 little ones make big ones >

little ones make big ones

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

little ones make big ones

Old 11-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Spike

Default little ones make big ones

Im not going after anyone on here but i was just looking at the bucks takin this year on the buck contest. I live in NE iowa and every one complains about not having enough big bucks in the area. (they are there if you know how to find them) But these are the same people i talk to later in the season and have harvested a spike, fork, basket rack, so on and so forth.Why, evenwith a bow huntingbeing able to hunt during peak rut, do people take small deer and not give them a chance to grow?

**** I know there are exceptions, first deer, children ........... But im talking about people that hunt more than that.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: little ones make big ones

I feel your pain.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Buck Master

Im not going after anyone on here but i was just looking at the bucks takin this year on the buck contest. I live in NE iowa and every one complains about not having enough big bucks in the area. (they are there if you know how to find them) But these are the same people i talk to later in the season and have harvested a spike, fork, basket rack, so on and so forth.Why, evenwith a bow huntingbeing able to hunt during peak rut, do people take small deer and not give them a chance to grow?

**** I know there are exceptions, first deer, children ........... But im talking about people that hunt more than that.
Dude, you joined almost 4 years ago and only made 1 post??!!

A heck of a post at that.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

what greg said wow i feel ya though
Old 11-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Spike

Greg, Great thinking.....takes time!
Old 11-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Site Buck Guru

Wake me up when you got something else to say, I don't want to miss it!!
Old 11-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

I agree some what. But in some states there is a lot of pressure and if you pass it, will end up getting shot. I am not a trophy hunter i just like to hunt they all eat the same. just my opinion

Old 11-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not THIS topic again. Sheesh.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:05 PM

Some people don't care.

Why is that so hard to understand?

They don't care.

They don't hunt because they want huge antlers. They hunt for the pure enjoyment of the sport.

Let me guess your response;

"They can shooot a doe instead of that little basket rack."

Again, they don't care.

It doesn't matter to them.

Its all about the experience.

I'm not a trophy hunter, but I do practice QDM. Take the buck I tagged this year for example, it was a cull deer. 4x2, the two point side being taller and having more mass than the four point side. He needed to be taken out of the herd anyhow. Was he a huge deer? No. Am I happy with it? You better believe it.

Let me say it one more time, because at this point I know you're just chomping at the bit waiting to reply to this telling me that I'm wrong, that people who shoot little bucks can just as easily shoot does instead;

They don't care!
Old 11-26-2006, 06:09 PM

I'm 14 years old and pass on alot of small bucks, and have hadthe opportunity to harvest some great deer. Often times just the expierience of wildlife encounters amount to a trophy. If you don't let them go they won't grow.

Just joined, good luck hunting!
Trophy Taker

Quick Reply: little ones make big ones

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.