Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nailed by the Game Warden >

Nailed by the Game Warden

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nailed by the Game Warden

Old 11-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Nailed by the Game Warden

Sounds to me you were more worried about your friendship with him than he was with his to you. He should have spoke up the moment the officer asked you who he was if not before. Find a new friend.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:37 PM

[/quote] This post right here is exactly whats wrong with this country today. No, you shouldn't consider yourself lucky, you should be outraged that any government agency can confinscate private property for something as trivial as a buddy not having a license.[/quote]

You're joking right? You honestly think that someone should be able to take another person hunting KNOWING they don't have a legit hunting license and should face no penalty for doing so?? Now THAT'S a joke!!!
Old 11-26-2006, 01:41 PM

ORIGINAL: animalized
This post right here is exactly whats wrong with this country today. No, you shouldn't consider yourself lucky, you should be outraged that any government agency can confinscate private property for something as trivial as a buddy not having a license.[/quote]

You're joking right? You honestly think that someone should be able to take another person hunting KNOWING they don't have a legit hunting license and should face no penalty for doing so?? Now THAT'S a joke!!!
[/quote] Did I say it should be legal? Read the post before you run your mouth.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: muley69

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

Its funny, yu were doing everything you could to save your friiendship, and not rat your FRIEND out, but what was he doing to save it??Everyone is right, yu did wrong, now fessup and pay up. You are lucky that yu didnt lose your bow,truck, and your hunting privilege for a couple of years. I think I would be finiding a new friend.
This post right here is exactly whats wrong with this country today. No, you shouldn't consider yourself lucky, you should be outraged that any government agency can confinscate private property for something as trivial as a buddy not having a license. Wardens are some of the most outlandish people in law enforcement. You are under no obligation to say anything to the warden and did good by not being a freakin rat, which is even lower then hunting w/o a license. Too many people are willing to sell there neighbor out to the feds etc.
It may have been his right under the Constitution to make no statement to the warden, but once he made a statement that he knew was false he broke the law and should consider himself lucky that he was only fined $288. A person's dutiesas a citizenoutweigh any obligations of friendship.

Caldoc
Old 11-26-2006, 02:17 PM

Did I say it should be legal? Read the post before you run your mouth.
And I didn't say that you SAID it should be legal. I said that you make it sound like he shouldn't face any punishment for taking this guy hunting. In your own words you say that "he shouldn't consider himself lucky, that he should be outraged." So, if that's not what you intended, then maybe YOU should think before YOU run YOUR mouth!
Old 11-26-2006, 02:22 PM

One Word ACCESSORY! In my workin LossPrevention when I catch a shoplifter and that shoplifter has a friend with them,even ifthe friend hasn't taken anything or even knew coming into the store that hisshoplifting friendwas going to steal the friend is arrested and treated as a shoplifter. In the eye's of the law and IMOyou got off lucky because you knew going into the woods that your friend who is a poacher andwas plannning on poaching and you went along with it. Regardless of how much you said to him it's not a good idea, you knew it was a bad idea and you still went along with it. IMO you should have been charged with obstruction by lying to the warden. I hate to be so forward but your actions reflect onto all of us hunters who respect the law no matter how unfair we feel or know it is.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:44 PM

One Word ACCESSORY! In my workin LossPrevention when I catch a shoplifter and that shoplifter has a friend with them,even ifthe friend hasn't taken anything or even knew coming into the store that hisshoplifting friendwas going to steal the friend is arrested and treated as a shoplifter.
Thats pretty messed up but thats how screwed up the law can be. Pretty unfair if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing you for doing your job.

I totally agree with your post though Sask. He did get off lucky b/c he WAS an accessory. The game warden certainly did take it easy on him.

Old 11-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

Maybe I have`nt met every game warden in the country but whydoeseveryone think game wardens such jerks all of a sudden? They`re doing thier job,they put thier lives on the line all the time to uphold the law.Even if the game warden thaught it was ok to let this guy off with a warning and only ticket his friend,he would be doing the wrong thing by not doing what he`s paid to do.Take awaythe game wardens and see what happens,I think the same people critisizing the wardens would change thier tune in a hurry.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: animalized

Did I say it should be legal? Read the post before you run your mouth.
And I didn't say that you SAID it should be legal. I said that you make it sound like he shouldn't face any punishment for taking this guy hunting. In your own words you say that "he shouldn't consider himself lucky, that he should be outraged." So, if that's not what you intended, then maybe YOU should think before YOU run YOUR mouth!
Facing no penalty would make it legal junior, if you lack the intellectual capacity to understand the crux of my post, don't waste my time arguing moot points. Join the rest of the lemmings in feeling it's alright to lose private proprty via government confinscation over trivial matters. Now go drink some kool-aid and study your history.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:22 PM

As for the original post to this thread, Your "friend" didn't mind the idea of getting you introuble to save himself, but yet you would rather hang yourself than " turn on a friend ". How laughable is that?? That only one of you really thinks you are that kind of friends. He pulled you into it, but then left you hanging....... whoooo great friend he is.....

AND............................

ORIGINAL: JESUS loves archers

Maybe I have`nt met every game warden in the country but whydoeseveryone think game wardens such jerks all of a sudden? They`re doing thier job,they put thier lives on the line all the time to uphold the law.Even if the game warden thaught it was ok to let this guy off with a warning and only ticket his friend,he would be doing the wrong thing by not doing what he`s paid to do.Take awaythe game wardens and see what happens,I think the same people critisizing the wardens would change thier tune in a hurry.
It isn't everyone who thinks this of Game Wardens. It is only two poor lost and misguided souls, who believe in the conspiracy theory aspect of everything in life, apparently.

I know a few Game Wardens in my area of the state, and I respect them a lot for what they do. I also have a friend, who is a Game Warden, who was shot about five years ago by an illegalduck hunter. I do not hunt illegally, and I don't hunt with those who do, so I welcome the Officers on my hunting property anytime, and have assisted them when they were after someone on the property behind mine, for poaching deer and turkey. The way I see it is, if you choose to break the law no matter how minor you consider the infraction to be, then don't get pissed when the law abiding hunters band with the officers to make you stop. It is your choice, so you have no one else to blame. It's not a government conspiracy. It's not governmental control. It's good verses evil. Honesty verses dishonesty. Lies verses truth. If you are good , honest, and truthful, then you will not run afoul of the government or laws, and you have nothing to worry about.

God Bless you all.

Quick Reply: Nailed by the Game Warden

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.