Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nailed by the Game Warden >

Nailed by the Game Warden

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nailed by the Game Warden

Old 11-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nailed by the Game Warden

I don't think his friend should pay his fine???? They both knowingly broke the law and they should pay their own fines and thank god they got off easy! JMO!
Old 11-26-2006, 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Don K

What happened to the guy that let his tag get borrowed??????
He was contacted over the phone and informed he would be receiving a citation as well.

Original: YooperMike

Wardens are pricks, never convince me otherwise
But that doesn't mean I can't try because actually, this guy was pretty nice the entire time. He never once got angry, raised hisvoice, or changed his tonethough knowing everything that was coming out of my buddy was BS. When he asked me what my buddy's name was I saw it in his eyes that he knew I was torn and was on verge of turning him in. Had I done so I don't think he would've pursued any charges on me. Could've would've should've turns into will've... paid a hefty fine.

A lesson to everyone and especially myself: If you have a loyalty to the law as well as a loyalty to your friends, never allow yourself to be put in a situation where you have to choose between the two. Whatever you choose you lose.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Spike

I'm sorry, butit wasmore than fair that BOTH of you were punished by the law. I believe this because had your buddy shot a deer, by the way that's called poaching, It ruins not only hunting forother people who put the timein and did itthe legal way, but also gives ushunters a bad rep and one more thing for them dumbanimal rights people to rag on. You werea completeparty in this, learn from it and please don't do it again. you pay your fine and he payshis,he didn't "force" you to lie. So suck it up and move on.

and for all of you thatdon't likeGame Wardens, how about you don't push, bend, or break the law and everythings ok!My father happens to be areal good friend of a Game Warden and he does a fine job. If it weren't forWardens hunting wouldn't even be hunting anymore.there'd be no deer, cause everybody would be poaching.

I'm sorry but to think that you or your buddy doesn't deserve any punishments for breaking the law is abserd! people like this make me [:'(]!!!!
Old 11-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK,repeat,pay the fine and move on.I had my best friend do something realy dumb 12yrs ago and when we got out of the woods I told him I would never hunt with him again.Guess what were still best friends and he knows not to ask me to go hunting with him.I wont even go to the shooting range with him.........
Old 11-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Banned

You need some new friends; lets' see how good of a friend he is when it comes time for him to volunteer to pay your fine.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

In minnesota,if you get caught poaching or so much as shine a field at night they take your truck,weapons,and hunting privelages,this detures people from poaching.Kinda like other countries where they kill you for a DWI or shoplifting,they dont have a problem with it.It probobly seems hefty to you but that would be the equivallant of getting away with it here
Old 11-26-2006, 12:29 PM

You deserve eveything you got and then some. GUILTY!
Old 11-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have nothing good to say about this.

Haven't read any of the responses, but I have to say that it was pretty gutsy of your 'friend' to expect you to be a party to his choice of illegal hunting.

With that said, you chose to participate by going into the field with him knowing he was doing so illegally. No excuses. No breaks.

If there is a legal loophole or technicality that would be to his or your benefit, I think you and your poacher friend should learn from what happened and realize that the degree to which an activity is illegal does not depend on the likelihood of getting caught. Accept responsibility and be done with it.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:00 PM

wow the only thing i can say is it sucks that you got in trouble as long as you have your tag you shouldnt of got in trouble your friend definitly i would try to fight it if you dont have any red marks on your name anyways hope everything works out!!!!
Old 11-26-2006, 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

Its funny, yu were doing everything you could to save your friiendship, and not rat your FRIEND out, but what was he doing to save it??Everyone is right, yu did wrong, now fessup and pay up. You are lucky that yu didnt lose your bow,truck, and your hunting privilege for a couple of years. I think I would be finiding a new friend.
This post right here is exactly whats wrong with this country today. No, you shouldn't consider yourself lucky, you should be outraged that any government agency can confinscate private property for something as trivial as a buddy not having a license. Wardens are some of the most outlandish people in law enforcement. You are under no obligation to say anything to the warden and did good by not being a freakin rat, which is even lower then hunting w/o a license. Too many people are willing to sell there neighbor out to the feds etc.

Quick Reply: Nailed by the Game Warden

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.