Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nailed by the Game Warden >

Nailed by the Game Warden

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nailed by the Game Warden

Old 11-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Nailed by the Game Warden

Pay your fine and consider yourself lucky you have the PRIVILEGE to hunt.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like I would be getting a new friend. I know this for a fact, not one of mine would have put me in that situation.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dohcrxl

I don't think that my head was in my ___ at the time I posted. I also don't think the type of reply you reverted to was called for. There is underlying implication that we discuss this as mature adults. If there is an inability on your part to do so, please do not reply.
Very well said!

I would believe what the game warden is telling you about getting off easy. Dishing out tickets is what he does for a living. I'd pay the fine and move on.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think you can blame anyone but your self! Your buddy didn't put you in this situation, you put yourself in this situation. I just hope you learned your lesson. A couple of hundred Dollars is nothing compared to what "could" of happened.... think about it!
Old 11-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO you should pay the fine. It sounds like you knew he had a tag w/someone else' name on it. Therefor you were part of the crime. If you simply asked him if he had a tag and didn't know that someone else's name on it then things would be different. That would have given you a certain level of deniability.
You can't deny anything at this point. You have already put yourself in a bad situation. I don't inspect anybody's license...... but if put on the spot by the game warden I wouldn't lie about it.
Sure your buddy started it but when confronted by the law you should have come clean. Where I live the CO's have the legal right to confiscate everything that was used in the commission of a crime...... all weapons, other equipment and your veh would be gone. And there would be a good possibility that you would lose your hunting rights for 2yrs. At this point I would count yourself lucky and seriously rethink your friendship. Your name has been tarnished.......
I'm glad you came clean on the web but it ain't going to help. Pay the fine and next time don't put yourself in that situation.
You should have put him on the camera!
Old 11-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Dominant Buck

YUP, good thing to come clean on this. It may save or at least jog someone elses mind down the road. We must remember it's not a right and we have to protect ourselves. Thanks for invoking some thoughtful discussion.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its funny, yu were doing everything you could to save your friiendship, and not rat your FRIEND out, but what was he doing to save it??Everyone is right, yu did wrong, now fessup and pay up. You are lucky that yu didnt lose your bow,truck, and your hunting privilege for a couple of years. I think I would be finiding a new friend.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:28 AM

Thanks guys for reaffirming and bringing into light what could've happened but didn't. My buddy's stand and bow were confiscated while I was allowed to take mine home. My priviliages were not taken away and that is the one thing I am most thankful for. I don't even want to imagine how miserable I'd be without bowhunting. It is what I live for.Never again will I even allow anyone and their equiptment in my car unless I know for sure they are legit. Never again will I try to cover for someone. This is a first and last.

As for what I allowed to happen though I kept insisting against it, I'm just a push over for a friend. I valued his friendship so much so that I didn't put my foot down. I'm not the type to dictate what people should do. As they are responsible for doing what they do, I am also for standing back and letting it happen.

I didn't think that merely being with him carried a violation but now I know. I also know or at least can imaginethat thecharge of "party to a violation" is far less severe than "obstructing a LEO" which I could've gotten.Expensive lesson learned.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Life is full of lessons.

You learned you made a mistake and im sure from your posts it wont happen again.

What happened to the guy that let his tag get borrowed??????

Old 11-26-2006, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wardens are pricks, never convince me otherwise, but it has been my experience that there is always something else they can ticket you for, and they really like to threaten you with that, as if they are doing you some huge favor. No doubt your friend was in the wrong with the borrowed tag, but as far as you being "party to poaching" as someone put it, give me a break. I would say pay the fine and don't dispute it though, unless you want to see a lot more of the warden.

Quick Reply: Nailed by the Game Warden

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.