Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nailed by the Game Warden >

Nailed by the Game Warden

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nailed by the Game Warden

Old 11-26-2006, 08:05 AM

Default RE: Nailed by the Game Warden

ORIGINAL: dohcrxl

Thanks Paul L Mohr. I was still typing my last response while you posted and asked a question you sorta answered. I take it by what you said that the state can turn around and seek "party to" all those other violations if I fight this correct? Thing is though, I don't want to fight it. I just want to ask for a reduction of the fine and will even do things like community service to make up for it. Of course if I even ask this, someone might get so offended that those other charges will then be sought. It would still be helpful if someone here knew exactly what the law read but I don't suppose we have any hunter lawyers here.

It kinda sucks when you're just trying to be good friend then have to be put on the spot and have to make a decision all the while being a law abiding citizen otherwise.
That is BS. You are focusing on the end result after you were popped by the warden, instead of analyzing why it happened in the first place. You were not being a law abiding citizen. You knew before you entered the woods that your friend was without a proper license, yet you took him anyway, so you are just as guilty as him. If you two were good friends, he wouldn't have put you in that spot, and you also could have told him that you weren't taking himhunting with someone elses tag. A good friend would understand that. Instead, you played the odds, got bustedand now you are trying to figure out how to have the fine reduced. Just pay up and shut up and move on. You were wrong.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Site Buck Guru

You already know whos fault it is for getting your ticket. What you need to do is consult at least one attourney and see if you can find out what the chances are for getting this reduced. First consults are usually free. Get more than one if you like. However, hiring one will definately cost more than your current fine. Sometimes lifes lessons are costly. Good luck with this.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:15 AM

That is BS. You are focusing on the end result after you were popped by the warden, instead of analyzing why it happened in the first place. You were not being a law abiding citizen. You knew before you entered the woods that your friend was without a proper license, yet you took him anyway, so you are just as guilty as him. If you two were good friends, he wouldn't have put you in that spot, and you also could have told him that you weren't taking him hunting with someone elses tag. A good friend would understand that. Instead, you played the odds, got busted and now you are trying to figure out how to have the fine reduced. Just pay up and shut up and move on. You were wrong.
THEM PA. BOYS ARE FIRED UP TODAY !![:@]
Old 11-26-2006, 08:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

You want to talk about this as a mature adult when in reality, your own actions of knowingly taking your buddy hunting without a license is pretty immature and stupid.
If you'd just pay attention toeverything I wrote you'd've found that I admitted it was a stupid thing to do to tryandcover for mybuddy. You never answered the question but I take it by your stance that you would've just stabbed your friend in the back without a second thought?

Know what dude, I'm not replying to you anymore because obviously you're the type to play word games and talk semantics making things difficult. It is clearly displayed in your rationalization that me making a stupid decision to allow my buddy to hunt then is indication that I am not being mature about this now. You have meaning and chronology all mixed up giving way to possible comprehension problems making for poor communication. I didn't want or intend to fight with anyone so I'm leaving you be.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:23 AM

See if you fit this definition, then consider the wisdom of arguing your fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessory_(legal_term)
Old 11-26-2006, 08:34 AM

I don't have anything mixed up. It's plain as day. You obviously think you were being a stand up guy by not stabbing your buddy in the back, yet you conveniently dance around the issue of why it happened in the first place when it was still withinyour power to prevent the incident and not have to worry about saving face when confronted by the warden.

If you were going to handle this in a mature fashion as you suggest you are, just take your medicine and learn from this instead of trying to devise a legal strategy to weasel out of it or have the fine reduced. News flash...YOU KNOWINGLY BROKE THE LAW. IT'S YOUR FAULT. NO ONE ELSES!

Honestly, you have some nerve coming on here with this pathetic tale and then getting upset when I chastize you for your immature and illegal actions. What did you expect. A shoulder to cry on. Grow up.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mcawful

Pay the fine and be thankful they didn't hit you with more. Your "buddy" is a real jerk for putting you in a situation like that, but you are just as guilty for going along. Live and learn. You could have had your guns taken and license revoked for that stuff. I think I'd have a little discussion with your friend. Your loyalty seems to run deeper than his. Would you have put him in the situation he had no problem putting you in?
I agree 100% with this reply. You are every bit at fault for your own fines as your so called friend is for his. Pay your fine, retain your lesson learned and think harder next time your put in the same situation, if ever. Lying never, never gets you ahead. You disgraced yourself. Pay the fine, like it or not, you deserved it.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:50 AM

280 dollars isn't going to break ya.Be less hassle just to pay the fine. I agree with most of the others, thats the risk you take when you hunt with someone who isn't 100% legal.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:53 AM
Dominant Buck

I guess the old saying,"Don't do thecrime if you can't do the time"is probably appropriate. Your friend put you in a tough spot. At the point that the warden ask you who he was your friend should have owned up...if not sooner. I hate liars and cheats so don't think I'd have a problem telling my friend, ifyou get caught you're on your own. I love my hunting priviledges too much to jeopardize them. I bought non residentlicenses in Ohio, Indiana and New York this year. I hunted 3 hours in Indiana.I could have hunted all these states without a license and got away with it. It sure is comforting to beable to park my non resident truck and hunt knowing I'm totally legal without having to get rides with someone etc. I'm building a house in NY right now. It'll be done around Feb/Mar. Guess what, I still have to buy a $250 non resident license there next year. Why, because you have to establish residency in NY for 12 months. I think it's stupid and know the town clerk. I could easily get a resident license, but I'll go by their law, sleep and hunt with peace of mind. Pay the fine. You were aiding him and doing exactly what the citation said. I'm not saying I may not of ever bent a law, but when I did I did it knowing I was subject to some sort of unsavory punishment if caught. It just gives me a squirmy feeling to do it. If you had told the warden the truth, you'd been clear and free probably. All you had to do was say he told me he had a license. Your friend would have understood. I'm sure he does now. Not his place to pay your fine.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

YOU gave him transportation. YOU gave him opportunity. YOU knew before you got out of the vehicle that he was planning to hunt illegally. Instead of turning around and going to the nearest place he could get a legal license, YOU parked and allowed him to proceed with his illegal hunt. YOU thenprovided false information to a state law enforcement officer.

Yep. You were party to a crime and your fine is more than fair. They coulda also hung you out to dry on conspiracy and lying to a LEO. They're letting you off easy only because your friend didn't shoot anything.

Quick Reply: Nailed by the Game Warden

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.