Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nailed by the Game Warden >

Nailed by the Game Warden

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nailed by the Game Warden

Old 11-26-2006, 09:09 PM

Default RE: Nailed by the Game Warden

Thanks everyone for you insight on this. I know what I must do.

Although rooted in good intentions, sometimes what's apparent isn't what's best. I see clearly now thanks to the collective wisdom of this forum.

Please leave this thread be since it has "already run its course" as someone said and settle your differences elsewhere. Thank you.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dohcrxl

Thanks everyone for you insight on this. I know what I must do.

Although rooted in good intentions, sometimes what's apparent isn't what's best. I see clearly now thanks to the collective wisdom of this forum.

Please leave this thread be since it has "already run its course" as someone said and settle your differences elsewhere. Thank you.
If you were smart you would delete everything you have already posted. Everything you have posted here could be used as evidence against you and/or your buddy. You have provided them with a wealth of info that could even lead to more charges against you. Don't you think wardens can get on line and monitor forums for info. By the way I have been hunting in wisconsin for almost 40 years and only got checked once. Don't you find it quite a coincidence you get checked the day your buddy is poaching? In other words I highly suspect someone tipped the dnr off.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:15 AM

Naahhhh! It's called KARMA. Thats all. You never see an officer, until that one day you decide to do something wrong.

God Bless

Old 11-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think some have been a bit harsh with you. I bet more than most would have traveled the same path you did. I'm sure I would have as well.

You were guilty though and if I were you I wouldn't pursue a lesser fine because you might just find out how bad things can be. If there is anything that I'd do I would call the warden and discuss the financials with him. I would ask him if he would pursue additional charges if I asked the judge for lieniency. Be direct and if you get the slightest idea that he won't be completely helpful just pay the fine.

Everybody lives and learns.

Tom
Old 11-27-2006, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Bottom line, you got nailed!!!!..now take your lumps like a man numb nuts
Old 11-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well you said you didn't want to ruin a 10 year relationship to that friend of yours, but think about it this way. He obviousley didn't think much about the relationship if he was willing to have you put on the spot and confronted when you specifacly told him it was not a good idea.
ORIGINAL: dohcrxl

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

Get yer head out of your arse.
I don't think that my head was in my ___ at the time I posted. I also don't think the type of reply you reverted to was called for. There is underlying implication that we discuss this as mature adults. If there is an inability on your part to do so, please do not reply.

I do however appeciate you not sugar coating your response. It is true that I tried to cover for my friend in that one instance. But what would you do, back-stab yours right in front of him? I know that according to the letter of the law I should've turned him in. At that moment though, I didn't know if it would be better character to rat him out and ruin a 10year friendship or go along with the story for his sake.

Fellas, for the record I frown upon such dubiousness as have transpired. I do realize that I am accountable for covering for my friend. My question is no longer whether or not you think this is fair because it is. It is now whether or not you think the court will have any leniency on me considering I've besides this lived by the law. Of course the question remains whether or not the system could cite me a few months from now for past unsought charges.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now what we did was not really our fault.
Ray Hunter 42,

Last time I got a resident license in PA, though it was a long time ago,you had to sign the application and affirm that everything on the application was true. One of the things you had to check was that you are a resident of PA. If you checked resident and signed it then you lied on your application and you are clearly at fault. IMO, it has nothing to do with what somebody told you where you bought the license. You got some bad advice but you are the one responsible.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

2. When questioned by the DNR all he had to say was that he was hunting sparrows. Nobody could prove him wrong.Most states do not require a license for sparrow or starling hunting and there is open season on them year around.
So I guess the advice here is to become a better liar and you'll be fine. Now that's a lesson to teach the youngin's!
Old 11-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Muley69 is exactly what is wrong witht the world today with saying all that crap about the goverment agencies. We all have heard enough of that junk and most of us are pretty sick and tired of hearing it so stop with the conspiercy theories and get a life.
ORIGINAL: muley69

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

Its funny, yu were doing everything you could to save your friiendship, and not rat your FRIEND out, but what was he doing to save it?? Everyone is right, yu did wrong, now fessup and pay up. You are lucky that yu didnt lose your bow,truck, and your hunting privilege for a couple of years. I think I would be finiding a new friend.
This post right here is exactly whats wrong with this country today. No, you shouldn't consider yourself lucky, you should be outraged that any government agency can confinscate private property for something as trivial as a buddy not having a license. Wardens are some of the most outlandish people in law enforcement. You are under no obligation to say anything to the warden and did good by not being a freakin rat, which is even lower then hunting w/o a license. Too many people are willing to sell there neighbor out to the feds etc.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

You lied and were caught! HE KNEW IT! Be a man and step up!

Quick Reply: Nailed by the Game Warden

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.