Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit Skins

Old 11-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default Summit Skins

Well, I went and got the summit viper today. SO for so good, i like it so far. I was just wondering about the skins. Should I put these things on, or do they peel off?
Old 11-25-2006, 11:26 PM

Default RE: Summit Skins

i heard someone say on this forum one time to wait for the new summit skin that is coming out soon. It has a better glue then the current stuff. I hope someone knows what I am talking about.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:21 AM

Iduno anything about glue or what not. But did see to wait for the new ones to come out I did see
Old 11-26-2006, 05:50 AM
Spike

I put on goliath and they peeled off,called summit they are sending me new ones. Once they start peeling,very hard to get all the way off. I would not put on.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:56 AM
Host of Hosts

I'm still waiting on mine. I was told November they would be sent out now I'm told mid December
Old 11-26-2006, 05:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Exactly rookie. The old stuff doesn't hold as well. I don't know how you're going to tell it's the new or the old in the stores. Len put some on his and his boys stands. It didn't hold long at all. He told them it sucked. They sent him a package of the new to replace it.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used the old stuff on my Goliath and don't have a problem with it. I have also heard though that the new stuff is way stickier, so you best be sure of where you put it!
Old 11-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

Stuff on my new Viper peeled off in some places, yet it is still sticking in others. I am going to contact them and try and get some new stuff. The main area that I would like to KEEP covered is the platform. That way it won't squeak if I have wet boots.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:28 PM

ORIGINAL: HammytheHunter

Stuff on my new Viper peeled off in some places, yet it is still sticking in others. I am going to contact them and try and get some new stuff. The main area that I would like to KEEP covered is the platform. That way it won't squeak if I have wet boots.
If the skins are just plastic tape. I wouldn't put them on the platform as they would make it very slick if wet. Get some traction tape and put on it instead.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get a roll of this stuff; I put it all over all my platforms on my stands. This is what you want if your boots or the stand is wet:

Here's a link for more info; you can order it from Grainger. They're supposed to be strictly B2B, but every company in the world basically has an account with them and you can order under the employee purchase program -- and get your company's discount to boot.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?ItemId=1611679095

Depending upon where you live, you probably have a local branch around and can will-call the item.

(I happend to be a Grainger sales exective for the past five years before leaving to go into medical sales... )

Quick Reply: Summit Skins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.