Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question about the Summit Viper >

Question about the Summit Viper

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question about the Summit Viper

Old 11-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default Question about the Summit Viper

I am thinking about getting the Summit Viper. I have saved up a little extra, and i think im going to go for it. I have heard that they are a good stand. However, is there any down sides to them?? I was also wondering if the bar in front is movable, and if it isnt, does it get in the way when shooting, both standing and sitting??
Old 11-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question about the Summit Viper

I THINK YOU ARE CHOOSIN A GREAT STAND WITH ANY SUMMIT LINE. I HAVE A BULLET BACKPACKER AND REALLY LIKE IT! MY STAND HAS THE BAR YOU ARE ASKING ABOUT AND IT IS NOT MOVABLE. HOWEVER, I FIND THAT I FEEL SAFER WITH IT INCLUDED. HOPE THIS HELPS
Old 11-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Summit Viper and it's an awsome stand, The bar isn't removable but if you set up right it won't get in the way .You'll find that you'll need to stand during the shot ,but it's the safest stand I've ever used .The only down fall with this stanfd is the foam arm rest's ,I find the tie wrap's keep coming off ,and you can fall a sleep very easily in this stand ,BUT you won't need to worry about falling out of it .

nubo
Old 11-23-2006, 07:03 PM

That bar isn't moveable, but it sure is nice to have there while climbing. It makes it a true sit down/stand up climber. It inhibits the shot in no way, I've even shot out of my Viper sitting down.

I have only one negative to say about it, and it's not really negative at all. The teeth grip the tree a little TOO well which makes descending a little....interesting at times. You have to "pull" the stand away from the tree in order to drop it down.....But again, that's not really a bad thing.

Oh, good luck staying awake.....[&:]
Old 11-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Banned

Had one but sold it. Good climber but a little noisey while installing cables. Lone wolf cable system is silent. All climbers are too tree specific for my style of hunting and I used to spend more time looking for a suitable tree for my climber than actually hunting where I wanted.
Try Lone wolf climbing sticks for a weekend with a light weight hang on and you will never go back to a climber,
Old 11-23-2006, 07:11 PM

I own the Viper....I love it. If you want a adjustable front bar, then the Summit Razor is what your looking for. After you climb, the bar can be lowered out of the way. Check the Cabelas website
Old 11-23-2006, 08:10 PM

if you go with a summit, buy the rapid climb stirrups if they are not included. but if i was you go buy the megabucks summit from cabelas for 239 or w/e it is and buy the stirrups. that way you get a footrest too. i dont like the gunrest that comes with it but thats up to you.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424-cat20047_TGP&id=0039072417303a&navCount=1& amp;podId=0039072&parentId=cat20047&master pathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=QT& rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20047&amp ;hasJS=true