Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anybody hear about the bear in Illinois? >

Anybody hear about the bear in Illinois?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody hear about the bear in Illinois?

Old 11-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anybody hear about the bear in Illinois?

I live in the Quad Cities wich is not far from Kewanne and Decatur...never heard anything about this....why would someone be so stupid as to lie...if their was a bear it would be all over the news like someone already stated...but im suprised we dont have bear in some areas.

also...i havent seen any corn still standing in my area recently....its all been picked for a month
Old 11-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

The whole story is sad, the bear, the lies, the rumors. This is the internet at it's worst.

Old 11-24-2006, 04:16 PM

heres a link about a bear killed by a car in southern missouri. not sure how far from st. louis but there have been bear sightings in MO. http://www.semissourian.com/story/1155542.html
Old 11-24-2006, 09:34 PM

Alpha Capo....not to give you are hard time or anything....But man the Quad Cities might as well be on the other side of the world in terms of distance from Decatur...Just kidding man, but it is a long A$$ haul from Decatur to the Quads.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:25 PM

I heard about it. I live in Marseilles, IL. I heard it was in Henry. I'm not sure if i believe it or not. I've got a friend who works for Illinois DNR... I'll have to talk to him...
Old 11-25-2006, 08:53 AM

This bear has been killed in AT LEAST 6 places so far...Macon county IL, Minnesota, Taylorville IL, Central WI, Kewanee IL, and Henry IL.

And for everyone that says they 'heard' it was in a certain area of IL, someone from that area comes in and says they've heard nothing of the sort...

Makes a believer out of me.

Just because we cant disprove the existence of cougars(in IL), bears, elvis, or bigfoot, doesn't make it true. It's a shame that some things can get so out of hand, and that some people will believe them all.

Oh, and another rumor...the other night I heard a story about a rack that was found from a deer wounded during the '05 gun-deer season. This rack, which is now sitting on the floor of a farmers barn, was scored at 216" net typical. I know the guy that 'supposedly' has it, I'm gonna go steal it and sell it for a bucket of cash...Amazing how I've never heard of it before, since I know the taxi. that supposedly scored it. I would think he would've mentioned that sometime.So run and tell everybody, a world record 'pick up' , and I know where!!!! For a small fee I'll let you shake the hand of the guy that wounded it!!!!

Old 11-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Spike

Wow now im going to be soo paronoid going into the pitch black woods at 5:30
Old 11-25-2006, 11:25 AM

BIGFOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can we say SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET When does Illinois land cannon season big harry neanderthal men start.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: darian1998

Alpha Capo....not to give you are hard time or anything....But man the Quad Cities might as well be on the other side of the world in terms of distance from Decatur...Just kidding man, but it is a long A$$ haul from Decatur to the Quads.
Decatur is only about 180 miles, so is Chicago...ive been to decatur a few times, and Chicago many times and dont consider either a long haul[8D]
the definition of long haul is when you hose it off at home and leave for your destination...and cant make it without hose'n it off again... for example from my house to Nashville TN...at least one, but more than likely two hoser' trip....or my house toDenver CO is afour hoser' and a stop at the Diner at 6 in the mornin in Ogallala NE for some Coffee, a Omlet and a pack of smokes.thats a"LONGHAUL"[8D]
Old 11-26-2006, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

That deer must be a cat, it has 3 more states to go! But seriuosly, The DNR has admited to releasing mountain loins here, so, there is a very good possibility that there are some in ILL., because as far as takin a leak is concerned, it wouldn't be releavent. Now, during the youth deer season, a girl shot a mulie here in Iowa this year, and acouple years back, my buddy shot a Red Deer, Eouropean Elk, Red Stagg, or whatever they are called, and it had a tag in its ear that the DNR traced to a fram in Ontario, now that is a long haul, and we never heard a thing obout an Elk being seen, and it was a large bodied deer, with a slightly larger rack than what a whitetail would have, so it would have stuck out. But everyone hears stories, sees pics, whatever, but don't rip on somebody for them passing it on trying to get the truth on it. It is possible, and as far as the uniform goes, do you have Sherrifs? Ours wear tan shirts and brown pants, so that could be a sherrif. Either way, that would be bad @$$ if there was a bear there, when you are alone in the woulds, who's to say that bear wasn't trying to climb the tree you are in? So Shoot straight.

Quick Reply: Anybody hear about the bear in Illinois?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.