Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 11-20-2002, 06:09 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-20-2002, 06:22 AM

Default RE: What state would you prefer to hunt in?

Iowa, Iowa, Iowa. And if I couldn't hunt here, I would hunt in.......Iowa! LOL Really, we are blessed with a great population of deer in southern Iowa and the land is all privately owned. Plus the fact that it costs non-resident hunters $315.00 to enter into a lottery to come hunt in this state. And we aren't allowed to use high powered rifles in Iowa. Just bows, black powder, shotguns, and handguns. We have alot of typical racked bucks. I haven't seen any non-typicals. But some of them are enormous! And you mentioned cheap land? I bought this farm 4 years ago and moved here from Omaha, NE. I paid $650.00 an acre for the 80 acres! That's $52,00.00! We owned a mobile home in Omaha and just moved it out here. My monthly mortgage payments are only $288.10 a month! Can't beat that. And I have a 3.5 acre farm pond in my front yard full of fish! There is plenty of land around here for $1000.00 an acre or less. And it's some of the best hunting in the country.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

The state of confusion....

~Will Hunt For Food~
Old 11-20-2002, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Other than my native WI (cheaper license)I hunt several states. Probably Wyoming is my favorite. But...my answer is ANYPLACE I can!
Old 11-20-2002, 07:35 AM

Iowa. Iowa. Iowa. I agree with Budbowhunter. Doesn't get anybetter.
Old 11-20-2002, 07:52 AM

I would rather hunt my woods behind the house, I get to sleep in my bed with my wife, only have to walk 15 minutes and I am in the tree I scouted, after hunting I get home in 15 minutes take a shower in my bathroom and eat in my kitchen. I can watch deer all day at the feeder in the woods from my deck with a cup of coffee. I get to do all this with out traveling 100`s of miles. And after I kill the big one all my friends get to see it hanging in the garage, Southen Maryland might not have the brusers but 200 dressed 140 class I killed last week is good enought. Plus I can tow our boat 2 miles and launch it in the chesapeake bay and catch 30lb plus rock fish (stripers) after a great day in the woods.

Evan
Archery Accessories
301-872-0110

Edited by - jevan on 11/20/2002 08:57:14
Old 11-20-2002, 08:05 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-20-2002, 09:28 AM

I agree IA. I haven't seen any nontypicals either but the typicals are really impressive. I am staioned at Offutt AFB and will retire in SW IA in a few short years.

THWACK!
Old 11-20-2002, 09:52 AM

LMAO @ Dog. Yeah, I might at that. I literally hunt does and small bucks 150 yeards from my trailer. And this year we've got a nice 8 point running around here like he owns the place. I've never scored a deer before, but if he scored I bet he would go 125. And if he stays on my property this fall, the leadheads won't get him so he'll be even bigger next year. I've seen a lot of bucks this year. more than I've ever seen. A lot of them are younger bucks too, still got some growing up to do so I'm real excited about next year. Oh! And cheap license? A resident fishing & hunting permit for the year costs $36.00 and as a landowner, my first deer permit costs $1.00 and then a full price tag costs $26.00 I think. I can't remember. Didn't buy one this year because I didn't fill my landowner's permit. But anyway, that lets you take 2 bucks and then you can buy antlerless tags for a special bonus season in January, they costs a whopping $11.00 a piece and you can buy as many as you want until the quota for your county is full. Our county has 400 to fill this year. Still want to hunt in IL? LOL
Old 11-20-2002, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

PENNSYLVANIA!!!! I dream of it every day! Oh, but to dream!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.