Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bobcat attacks deer (pics) >

Bobcat attacks deer (pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bobcat attacks deer (pics)

Old 11-21-2006, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bobcat attacks deer (pics)

It's it amazing how God set up nature? I personally don't think bobcats take too many deer when it is eaiser to get rabbits and other varmints. But, I don't doubt they can get deer when needing food. Just the way nature is, all species doing what they are suppose to do.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is incredible! I would think that that cat could probably take down a full size buck pretty easily, if he could catch the deer! cause if you think about it a bobcat weights between 30 and 40 lbs and they are super powerful!
Old 11-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pretty awesome photos , those bobcats are really mean.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:10 PM

I have personally seen a bobcat take down a full size doe before. That is why everytime I see one I try to shoot it. Plus they make beautiful mounts.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't you need a fur harvester license to take a bob cat , I know we do here in Michigan.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think they are just wrestling.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:26 AM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Jimimac, I wouldn't say it if it wern't so. We have a healthy Bobcat population and I have seen the Bobcats aftermath many times. Mature deer eaten up with Bobcat hair all over. A yote won't even screw with a grown Bobcat.
I'm sure a big bobcat is capable of taking down a deer and I'm sure it happens too. I just don't believe it is a very common occurance at all. A sick deer, a small deer. Sure. But to attempt to take down a healthyfull grown doe or buck puts the cat in danger of injury or death. Most likely the cat would have to be desperate for food to even chance it.

Good thread. I like this stuff!

http://www.enature.com/flashcard/show_flash_card.asp?recordNumber=MA0017

Old 11-22-2006, 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

Don't you need a fur harvester license to take a bob cat , I know we do here in Michigan.
Not in Louisiana all we need is a big game license. But all you can shoot is one cat a year.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: zero#1

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

Not in Louisiana all we need is a big game license. But all you can shoot is one cat a year.
Lucky for you huh
Old 11-22-2006, 10:10 AM

My mom was turkey hunting a few years ago and was hidden really well in a thicket and was turkey calling. She seen a bobcat coming but it wasn't bobcat season and she didn't want to mess up a turkey hunt. The bobcat stalked in and before she realized what was happening, it jumped on her! She put her leg up and shoved it back and fired her shotgun at the same time. It ran off before she could reload. It scared the daylights out of her!!!! Needless to say, she shoots any bobcat that even comes near her. (Has killed 2 since then) They are a wicked predator!!

Quick Reply: Bobcat attacks deer (pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.