Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whitetail Hunting Outfitter Recommendation >

Whitetail Hunting Outfitter Recommendation

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whitetail Hunting Outfitter Recommendation

Old 11-19-2006, 07:38 PM

Default Whitetail Hunting Outfitter Recommendation

A couple of friends and I would like to plan a trophy whitetail archery hunt with an outfitter. Requirements are that the deer be free ranging and that the outfitter is known for a quality camp, good service, pleasant attitudesand top notch hunting range where whitetails scoring140 or better are fairly common occurance and a 160 or better buck is agood possibility. We live in New York and will travel to Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Ohio etc. and maybe Canada... distance is not an issue as long as it is worth it.

We have already been screwed on a West Virginia hunt andsome friends of ours were extremely dissatisfied with a very recent southern Illinois hunt. I would appreciate any recommendations you guys can make. We want to go next fall(2007) and make it a yearly trip. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whitetail Hunting Outfitter Recommendation

Just google Pike Co. Illinois and you will get thousands of hits on outfitters, but it's deer hunting,just because you go to a top notch state, doesnt mean your going home witha 150" or bigger, you may in fact go home with the $2000.00 tag still in your wallet.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:58 AM

Sent you a PM!
Old 11-20-2006, 06:01 AM

I can tell you where not to go!
Old 11-20-2006, 08:25 AM

Solocam... that's exactly what we expect and want...anything else would ba a disappointment.

Extremebone... replied to your pm... thank you!

Bigbrow... would you mind pm'ing me with the names of where "not to go"?
Old 11-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Illinois is way overated don't waste your time coming out here. And what was you thinking when you went on a whitetail hunt to WV. I am originally from there and I wouldn't recommend that to anyone unless they want to kill spikes and forkhorns all week. All kidding aside there are a ton of great outfitters in the Central IL. area. Take a look at Harpole's Heartland lodge in Pike county.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:09 AM

ORIGINAL: wicchunter

A couple of friends and I would like to plan a trophy whitetail archery hunt with an outfitter. Requirements are that the deer be free ranging and that the outfitter is known for a quality camp, good service, pleasant attitudesand top notch hunting range where whitetails scoring140 or better are fairly common occurance and a 160 or better buck is agood possibility. We live in New York and will travel to Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Ohio etc. and maybe Canada... distance is not an issue as long as it is worth it.

We have already been screwed on a West Virginia hunt andsome friends of ours were extremely dissatisfied with a very recent southern Illinois hunt. I would appreciate any recommendations you guys can make. We want to go next fall(2007) and make it a yearly trip. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Contact Jeremy at: http://www.sagebrushhunts.com

He is an awesome Kansas outfitter, tell him Kevin from Colorado told you to call.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

jarod is a great guy and runs a top notch operation
www.trophydeerhunt.com
Old 11-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Watch out for some of the Outfitters in Illinois. Some are getting too big for their britches. Make sure the guides are local and not out of staters getting free hunts and using you as their scouts. I'm sure there are some very reputable outfitters there, but I have been to 1 and had several friends visit some others and have found some common themes. Feel free to PM and I will fill you in. This is not the place for it. Also, there is a website thatposts hunter reviews of outfitters called Hunting Information Systems... Read ALL very carefully.
I would go to Kansas or Iowa if I could go out to the midwest again though...
Good Luck!

Old 11-21-2006, 03:06 PM

Thanks again to all who responded... either here, by pm or email. You guys gave me some great leads and tips. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Whitetail Hunting Outfitter Recommendation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.