HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   And so it begins. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/165827-so-begins.html)

Washington Hunter 11-18-2006 06:51 PM

And so it begins.

Thomas Jefferson once said "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more luck I have."

If any of you have been following my posts since about the last few weeks of August, you know I've been putting in my time as far as hard work goes when it comes to scouting. I've spent more hours in the woods this year so far than I have in any of the last three years combined. If Mr. Jefferson is correct, I should have made myself quite a bit of luck so far this year.

After losing a good buck last season to a poor hit and even worse weather, I've decided that this is my year. I've set my bar and have been working towards my goal for a few years now. I haven't eaten tag soup in any of those years, however I haven't laid my hands on a set of antlers - ever.

Washington's late archery season begins monday, and since I'm not one of the fortunate few who has an HNI journal, I figured I would fashion myself one here in the general bowhunting forum. I'll keep you folks updated daily, or as often as I can, about how my season is going. You can expect pictures, stories, and more than likely ramblings.

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

Bulzeye 11-18-2006 06:55 PM

RE: And so it begins.

I look forward to hearing about your successes, and/or learning experiences.

Good Luck.

Windwalker7 11-18-2006 06:55 PM

I for one, am looking forward to reading your journal. I've seen your pics and can tell you have a great eye for photography.

Let the journal begin!

Oneshot7 11-18-2006 06:55 PM

well good luck bro i hope you get one wash

Rickmur 11-19-2006 04:30 AM

:eek:

Campo 11-19-2006 07:53 AM

Send forth all your legions. Do not stop the onslaught until your goal is met.

KILL YOUR BUCK!!!

bowman15 11-19-2006 07:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Campo

Send forth all your legions. Do not stop the onslaught until your goal is met.

KILL YOUR BUCK!!!

LOL!

I'm with ya Washington; I had my first experience with a mature buck this month, and I'm planning on puttin in some overtime for the rest of the season to see him again if I have to.

Let us know how it plays out. Looking forward to the read.

Greg / MO 11-19-2006 08:02 AM

I look forward to your ramblings, my friend...

Washington Hunter 11-21-2006 06:19 AM

5:16 AM.

Five minutes until I leave.

Just thought I would hop on and say thanks for all the kind words of encouragment, folks. Hopefully today is the day, but if not it only means I get more days to hunt. I've got both and antlerless only and a general deer tag, so if a doe swings by and I decide to stick her, I can.

I'll be home this evening, hopefully bloody and grinning from ear to ear, but we'll see. Knock on wood, right?

Back later, folks.

I'm gone huntin'.

Washington Hunter 11-21-2006 08:05 PM

Well it was a pretty uneventful day for me.

Total sightings for the day, two.

One doe and a young buck. The buck had a neat rack though, small 3x3 but it was really palmated. He'll be one I'll keep my eye on down the line.

My dad hunted a stand a couple hundred yards from me and apparently had rut action all day. Small bucks chasing does and one decent 4x4. No idea why the action was all at his end of the property and not mine. Hopefully that changes tomorrow.

Scouted out a spot that I hadn't really gotten into before. Found a pretty neat shed, check out the picture below. Along with the shed was quite a bit of fresh buck sign; rubs, scrapes, etc.

I'll be back out tomorrow morning, bright and early. Enjoy the pictures!

The view this morning, just after sun up.

Just a picture of the stuff I carried with me this morning.

The shed, as I found it.

A picture of the bow, just because.

A little of that buck sign I mentioned.