HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   buckshot,odyssey,micro midas lll (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/165778-buckshot-odyssey-micro-midas-lll.html)

mallard stalker 11-18-2006 10:29 AM

buckshot,odyssey,micro midas lll

Im insearch for a beginners bow. If this helps i'm 11 and weigh 95 lbs and Im 5' tall. I need one that can handel deer as well as bear and moose. I've searched for a while and have found these three bow kits parker buckshot $329, fred bear odyssey $289 and browning micro midas lll $229. I'de have it set to 30/40 lbs draw and 22" draw length. Please help me choose which one would be best for me.

OhioHunter222 11-18-2006 10:33 AM

RE: buckshot,odyssey,micro midas lll

ive had my browning micro midas since july and havent had a complaint. I just have over spined arrows which doesnt give good arrow flight. but im getting a new bow. just make sure your set up right and your bow will shoot great.

BGfisher 11-18-2006 05:37 PM

Of those three I would go for the Parker.I've sold them all and the Buckshot is the better bow.Higher quality and more versatility. As you get older and bigger and stronger you could get heavier limbs for it

terbzz 11-18-2006 07:58 PM

i have a buck shot is is real nice i have mine set at 50 pounds i woud get a 40-50 if i were you couse in a year youll be able to pull 40 like a rubber band and youll want a bigger one that is what happened to me i bought my bow when i was 12 and had is set at 45 pounds and know i am 13 and can pull back 50 real easy

TeeJay 11-18-2006 08:27 PM

I bought the Parker for my son also. He is 11 and about 75 lbs. He is already drawing about 35 lbs. He will be able to hunt with this bow for many years. I have already set it up for me. 5'10" and 200 lbs. With in 15 mn I had it sighted in for 30 yds. 15 minutes later he has it resighted for him self.

mobow 11-18-2006 09:01 PM

I highly recommend the Browning Midas III...in fact, if you hold on a month, the Midas IV will be coming out. They are awesome! 10 full inches of DL adjustment and pack quite a punch.....IBO rated at 274 fps...Not bad for a max of 28" and 40#'s........Very nice bows.

TeeJay 11-18-2006 09:48 PM

Parker has the same bow, except you can upgrade the limbs for $50.

mallard stalker 11-19-2006 09:48 AM

So probalbly a micro or a parker. But what else will i need to get started, the both come in kits(sights,rests,arrows...) but what else will I need?

mobow 11-19-2006 07:21 PM

You need to decide if you'll be using a release aid or fingers...Depending on which, you'll need a release or a finger tab.

When you are ready to hunt, you'll need broadheads, but that's in time. Oh, you'll probably need a target to shoot at.....you can only hit the neighbor's cat so many times.....:D[&:]