Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Bow Buck!

Old 11-17-2006, 06:23 PM

Default First Bow Buck!

Well everything finally came together tonight and I got my first bow buck.
He isn't the biggest deer ever killed but boy I sure am proud.

Here is the story.

I got off work today and was home by 3:30. Iskipped the scent free shower and got ready in a hurry. Was out to the land by 3:50. I decided to sit in a stand that I haven't hunted but one time this year. I got settled in by 4:00 and was ready for some action. I hit the can a few times and waited. I saw nothing until about 4:30 and I see a nice deer coming from the east. He stops about 100 yards out and turns to go into the brush. Then I decided to hit the can. As soon as I did his head went up and he was looking for where it came from. I hit it again, and here he came. He was coming at me pretty fast. At about 40 yards I came to full draw. My heart was pumping and my knees were shaking.Finally at about 15 yards he stopped. He was facing me so I didn't have a good shot. He turned slightly to the north and I felt like I had a good angle. He was quarting toward me and I know I will probably catch some grief, but I felt very confident in the shot. I let the arrow fly and made a great hit. He ran to the north through a thicket and crashed about 80 yards out in the open. I only waited about 15 minutes because I knew he had expired. I called my wife to come take the pictures and man I was so happy. He dressed out at 134lbs and has 8 points. I realize he isn't huge, but I am proud nonetheless.

Of course I forgot to put the bow in the pic, Oh well I will remember next time.

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h286/jbsoonerfan/?action=view&current=DSC02793.jpg
Old 11-17-2006, 06:29 PM

Default RE: First Bow Buck!

Congrats on the buck! I love the bone white rack. The can seems to be doing the trick this year. My buddy and I have had quite a few bucks come into range with it. What part of Oklahoma? I'm in the Norman area....
Old 11-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats
Nontypical Buck

congrats bigger than my first bow kill
Typical Buck

Congrats on your first. Nice deer.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:48 PM

good8460, I am down around the Ada area.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:52 PM

Congrats. I'm still lookin for my first.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

JB, thats one nice buck. Sounds like you pulled him in on a string. Get that bad boy mounted so you can reminise for a lifetime. Good job.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Banned

Nice buck; great camo!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:58 PM

HCH, you wouldn't like that camo. It is lined with scent-lok. I just had the money to spend so I thought why not.

Great now my buck thread is going to turn into a scent-lok thread.

Quick Reply: First Bow Buck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.