Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Time for a move... :( >

Time for a move... :(

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time for a move... :(

Old 11-17-2006, 09:43 AM

Default Time for a move... :(

Well, as hard as I hunted this bow season, after tomorrow, I will have to post any deer harvested in the deer hunting forum. I hung my bow up last week due to extenuating circumstances and will be in the stand with a muzzleloader tomorrow. I was really hoping to get a good one with my bow this year, but it wasn't for lack of opportunities or trying. I gave a good run at it, hunted 20 times or so (a heck of a lot more than I have ever gotten the chance for in past seasons).

So, I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who got one with their bow this year. I'd love to keep hunting with my bow, but at 8 months pregnant, my time is running out, as well as my energy reserves! LOLI've got to get another deer for the freezer. Also, my mom will be hunting for the first time tomorrow afternoon, and I will be guiding her every step of the way with my muzzleloader, so I am hoping I tag out in the morning so I can concentrate on her hunt tomorrow night.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:47 AM

Default RE: Time for a move... :(

Good Luck tomorrow. I am also hanging up the bow and picking up my shotgun so I can fill the freezer. I think it is awsome that you are this far along and still hunting! I am working hard trying to get my fiance to pick up hunting but she still hasnt said she will yet.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Same here... After going hard at it, bowhunting all season, I'm to go rifle huntingthe whole week of Thanksgiving and part of the week after.

I will be leaving real early Sat morning (maybe Fri night - I don't know yet, depends on how much I can get packed) and heading out to the western part of VA, out to the mountains to the deer hunting camp that I belong to. We all meet up every year at Thanksgiving week/opening day firearms season and hunt the whole week, weekend, next week, etc..etc... It's a little slice of heaven out there.

I'llbring both my Remington 870, my Marlin 30-30, and my Summit Viper (maybe my Reflex Highlander bow if there's room), so then I can pick and choose what type of hunting I want to do and with what firearm. Wish me luck!!!!!!

Butch A.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:58 AM

Well, ckiel, thank you. LOL Some have different opinions of what I should and should not be doing right now. I'm fortunate enough that my stand is an easy 5 minute walk, so it's not a huge deal IMO. I just couldn't imagine hanging up hunting for a year due to a pregnancy, it's not really an inconvenience anyway... hunting passes the time faster for me, I'm getting antsy to meet this lil' huntress!

I wish you all luck with whatever weapon you choose to take out with you this weekend!

Butch, I think it's great that you come home for Thanksgiving dinner, many wouldn't! But hey, you gotta keep the wife happy!

I'll be scanning the deer hunting forum this weekend when I'm not hunting, so I'll be lookin' for both of ya!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks... Yeah, my wife would beat my a$$ if I missed Thanksgiving dinner with family! [:-] At least camp is close (2 - 2hr/15min away), so it's no biggy to quickly head home and head back to continue hunting.

Butch A.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:13 AM

I have to work onthanksgiving from 2-10 I would much rather eat some turkey and go hunting then go to work but I have to work at least a holiday and I want to be home for my son's first christmas. Good Luck to everybody this weekend by the way!
Old 11-17-2006, 11:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Good luck with the smoke pole. Go get a good one.

Ill be out with my sticks and strings until Dec.. Got two does so far and working on that big buck. Havent had the chance to hunt as much as I usually do. Ive been out twice this year. Ill be out most of Thanksgiving with my recurves and probably my compound. The big guys might be moving by then.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

[&o]Well that sucks. Good luck with the ML. I'll be breakin out the ole 7mm MAG Monday.

Oh yeah, see you in the Off Season later.

Old 11-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think that is some hard core effort heading out at 8 months pregnant. That's something, good for you. Best of luck with the baby and your deer season.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, I agree... 8 months pregnant and hunting. {insert theme of the TV show "Wonder Woman" here} [8D]

Good luck and be safe!!!!

Butch A.

Quick Reply: Time for a move... :(

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.