Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews New stuff up - Drenalin '07 >

Mathews New stuff up - Drenalin '07

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews New stuff up - Drenalin '07

Old 11-17-2006, 08:03 AM

Default RE: Mathews New stuff up - Drenalin '07

Way to over priced in my opinion... yeah it shoots 320 fps but you dont need anything that fast to kill a deer. Its great if you have the money to buy the nicest bow on the market but my Fred Bear does fine by me and only set me back a couple hundred bucks
Old 11-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Banned

No thanks.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

For all of you that say that you're not impressed I'm just wondering what it would take to impress you. And as far as the comment about hardcore Mathews fans being worse than other bow fans about thier brand loyalty give me a freaking break. Almost everybody on this forum thinks that there's no other bow on the markey as good as the one that they're shooting.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:19 AM

You shoot a Mathews, gutshot?

If so, your comments prove the point.

I think, generally speaking, most of us aren't impressed because of the price tag.

Mathews isn't offering us a bow thats worth $849.

Mathews is offering their brand name for $849.

IfI want a faster bow, I can get one for less.

If I want a smoother bow, I can get onefor less.

If I want a short ATA bow, I can get one for less.

I think you see my point.

Mathews is all about their name, not their product. Yeah, they offer a quality product, but is it worth $850?

Hell no.

Which is why I still refuse to even consider purchasing one.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Guys, calm down! It's not going to retail for $849. That's MSuggestedRP not actualretail.Dealer cost is the same as the switchback models and will retail for about the same in your local area which is most likely going to be right about the $700 mark.

I just got finished shooting this bow and I have to say that I am actually impressed with this bow a lot and I am not a huge Mathews fan even though I do sell them.

This bow is much lighter and thinnerthan previous models. The limbs are much thinner. The limb pockets are actuallycenteredon the riser unlike previous models (about time). Now the only thing they have left to get rightIMO is the grip. It is still the same as what is on the switchbacks. When they get rid of the grip and either use small side pannels or a straight slim grip they will truely have a great bow.

All in all though this is a very nice bow and shoots incredibly well. They really did a good job with this bow. It's not just another switchback.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Washington: I do shoot a Mathews and until I shoot another bow that I like better I'll always shoot one. My point was Mathews shooters are know worse than loyal Bowtech, Hoyt, PSE or any other brand owners. If you're not willing to pay what it costs to own a Mathews Bow fine but to say that Mathews shooters would buy a $2000.00 turd is going overboard.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Spike

At my local pro shop, every year the new model Mathews, Bowtech, and Hoyt bows are all the same price. Like bigbulls said MSRP is always gona be higher. The new line of bows from these company's will likely fall down to around the same price.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:18 PM

Gutshot, If you read my post you will notice I said HARDCORE Mathews Shooters. And that statement doesn't go for all Mathews Shooters. I took a swing over to the Mathews Message board the past few days. And there were a large group of guys over there willing to give up their children and even their rights to have children just to get a peak at the new bow. And today on the Mathews Board when one person said they weren't impressed they were ready to get the ropes and find a tall tree and lynch him. They acted like the guy just called their momma the dirtiest prostitute in the world. I will also say every other brand has it's hardcore followers who will buy that brands $2000 turd. But what I have noticed on message boards and the shop I work in. Mathews has a large contingent of fans who will buy the newest bow that Mathews puts out no matter what it is like. JMHO Take it for what it's worth.

With that being said, If I would have been in the market for a bow last year I probably would have bought a Switchback XT.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: gutshot

For all of you that say that you're not impressed I'm just wondering what it would take to impress you. And as far as the comment about hardcore Mathews fans being worse than other bow fans about thier brand loyalty give me a freaking break. Almost everybody on this forum thinks that there's no other bow on the markey as good as the one that they're shooting.
If it had two cams I would be impressed, LOL
I am still waiting for the MQ1 upgrade[:@]
To Mathews:
Please make a 36'' Ax to Ax bow. With about 7 1/2 BH.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys I just posted this in the technical forum, but I will paste it here.

I just got back from shooting our shop demo bow. It is nice, and I wasn't really that impressed before I got there, but I like it and I like it better than my XT. It is light and for a hunting specific bow that is nice.

Mathews has been known for speed ratings in the past that may not be quite accurate. I have found this as well with their hunting bows (my A7's are spot on) but this new one I actually think may be under rated. At 70lbs and 29" with a 355 grain arrow we got 313fps out of it with a G5 peep and loop on the string. Assuming another 10fps for the 30" draw used in IBO standards, this would be faster than they state in the ratings and still 5 grains over IBO.

Another thing I can see in the limb and pocket design is that the limb seems to continue to flex after the pivot point of the new pockets pivot point, similar to the bowtech commander design however not quite as drastic. It did this when bottomed out a 74lbs, and when we backed it down to 70lbs. I wish I would have paid attention to what it looked like at full draw to see what it looked like there. I will update more on this later.

The bows are more money because these limbs are MUCH MUCH better quality than probably anything on the market right now and production cost is much higher on them. They are not the standard gordon glass limbs that 90% of everyone is using that are mass produced in huge lots to keep prices low. I know its a lot of money, but maybe it's worth that money to know that your chances of having a blown up limb in the middle of season are next to nothing. I don't know about other dealers, however we are not selling them at MSRP, we will pass on a break to the customers.

Again, I don't see this as being a the perfect bow for a cross between 3D and hunting. I do think this bow is perfect for the guy that wants a bow specifically for hunting though which is more than 90% of the population of archers..

I will reserve further opinions until we get our batch of other bows in and I have one that fits me to play with.

Quick Reply: Mathews New stuff up - Drenalin '07

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.