Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Indiana?

Old 11-16-2006, 05:41 PM

Default RE: Indiana?

I live in central indiana and hunt howard, pulaski, and tippy county. soo many deer. glad to see people agree with me! i also hold a lifetime license and its nice not having to worry about the price of tags. I've arrowed two does this year...Passed up a lot of deer waiting on a wall hanger!!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

I agree Indiana is underrated. I believe we have just as big of bucks as the surrounding states, but just not as many. Indiana is getting better every year. Thankfully the OBR is going to stay and also more people are starting to do more QDM.

I'm a 3rd shift Police Officer, so I'm fortunate enough to be able to spotlight a lot. You'd be amazed at the number of big bucks that come out at night.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shhhh....don't you know it's a secret?? If everyone comes here to hunt, we'll lose our hunting areas to make room for non-residents who leased the properties out from under us!

Everyone disregard Indiana. No big deer here...just littel bitsy scrawney deer.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:27 AM

Kschafer, I am also in the Ft.Wayne area. I just moved from NE Ft.Wayne this past summer and I now live in New Haven.

bnzartman, I see you are in Warsaw, we used to have a lake house on Chapman Lake, is it still considered the 3rd cleanest lake in Indiana? I loved that lake!

Mossyoak722, we are definitely underrated, but that isn't a bad thing. I'd much rather fly under the radar without the notoriaty. When you start being put on a pedestol, everyone and their brother comes from out of state and before you know it, our already crowded public hunting land becomes so packed that it's a worthless attemptto even hunt it. In Northern Indiana, there isn't much public land for the pickin' so keeping it a secret is a wonderful plan. When you get down south, there's a lot more land to accomodate a lot more hunters, but up here it's a completely different story. I'm fortunate enough to have private land to hunt, and we do hold some big bucks out there, but when you are hunting a land you've obtained permission for, there's just no telling HOW LONG you will be able to hunt it. Any variety of circumstances could change your luck dramatically.

So, don't be goin' around tellin' our little secrets... [8D]
Old 11-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I do agree! I'm just a 2 hour drive from you hoosiers and I know you got some big deer. But all you Indianians do is shoot hoops and watch the Indy cars race.
Now that is not a fair comment.....you left out watching Nascar, the Colts, Pacers, Fever, and Ice play.....etc.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:02 AM

Now that is not a fair comment.....you left out watching Nascar, the Colts, Pacers, Fever, and Ice play.....etc.
Don't you mean the Freedom, Komets, and Wizards? [8D][&:] GO KOMETS!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

I love being a Hoosier.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

we got some nice deer too bad there allll does...
Old 11-17-2006, 11:17 PM

but remember...come rut...them does bring bucks by....
Old 11-18-2006, 02:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Would love to, are you inviting us to come hunt??

Quick Reply: Indiana?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.