Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Indiana?

Old 11-16-2006, 03:37 PM

Default Indiana?

I am from Indiana and wasn't sure if any of ya'll hunted here or have before? I think Indiana is extremely underrated for the quality and amount of deer we have...anyone agree?
Old 11-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Indiana?

Since Indiana went to a one buck limit I imagine they are vastly underated. I should be hunting my family's farm but don't.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:14 PM

Indiana is a great place to hunt! Overall we have some great quality deer! I just wish some of the older deer would come to the property I hunt! Im to the point where I just need to fill my freezer.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do agree! I'm just a 2 hour drive from you hoosiers and I know you got some big deer. But all you Indianians do is shoot hoops and watch the Indy cars race.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hush hush being under rated is a good thing,I live here in Ky. we fly under the radar ranked a silent #4. No big outfitter's with big money hyping everything up. Ever noticedhow someone in your small town can kill a deer that score's 220-230 and nothing's ever said about it then someone can kill a 180-190 class in a neighboring state and it's on the cover of half the magazines in the rack.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Spike

I live and hunt in Indiana and we do have some great bucks here. Alot of deer period. In southern Indiana you are allowed up to 8 does per county if that tells you how many we have. At last count if you wanted to buy all the doe tags and had aplace to hunt in every county you could kill over 300 does in the state but only one buck or antlered deer. Thats alot of deer. But yes Indiana is underrated and just wait a few more years and you will start seeing more of those giant 18 pointers, just like the one posted on here the other day.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

yea we have some great deer but its nice to keep it a secret to I like the can in the number of does aloud i have a lifetime license so i don't have to worry about the cost of tags
Old 11-16-2006, 05:15 PM

i agree also. ive hunted in indiana since i got started, a whoppin 6 years! where are you guys at? im in NE round ft wayne. seen some great bucks and shot one doe.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:16 PM

oh ya mossyoak722....forgot to add this......BOILER UP!! were bowl bound! lets just hope they hang on for these last 2!
Old 11-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

i live in by Angolaby Steuben county hunt there my grandparents farm in DeKalb, some land in Noble I'm in college at Manchester and have someground around here i ve gotten 4 this year

Quick Reply: Indiana?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.