Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 2007 HuntingNet Bowhunters Meet >

2007 HuntingNet Bowhunters Meet

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I would be interested.
80.08%
No, I don't think so.
6.78%
Undecided.
13.14%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

2007 HuntingNet Bowhunters Meet

Old 11-16-2006, 09:29 PM

Default RE: 2007 HuntingNet Bowhunters Meet

Maybe we should split the cost of a rental van too.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Hubby and I would love to come and it sounds like a blast.....count us in as long as were in the state and not shooting a 3D Tournament some where else.
With as dirty as that water is in that tank... heck Christine and I might need our Bowfishing Rigs to shoot fish in that mirky water
Old 11-16-2006, 10:22 PM

AHHH. The perks ofliving in North Central, IL.

Good ole Huntley, not far fromJoliet areaat all.

Count me in. Just gotta have the date planned in advance so I can mark my calendar.

And a list of events so I can pack my gear.

Bols

P.S. Washington Hunter, if you fly in I could give you a ride from the airport. You would most likely be flying into O'Hare or Midway.

Let me know. And anyone else, if you need a ride from the airport let me know in advance. I would probably have enough for a few guys.

I might even be able to swing a ride back to the airport for the return flight.

Let me know.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:10 PM

Bols, that would be fantastic!

Once we get a date set and I get the money ahead, I'll buy the tickets and let you know where I'll be coming in at.

On a seperate note;

What does everyone think would make this get together killer?

Justin mentioned 3D targets, a little... Oh I don't know... Competition to benefit HuntingNet, maybe? Bragging rights? My way of showing all you old farts how to shoot, considering I'll probably be the pup of the group.

Justin, what do you think we would need to bring? For those of us traveling a good distance, what do you think the bare minimum we would need would be?
Old 11-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't make any promises but if i can, definetly count me in. I'll just need details on where the meet up place is and i'll try to figure something out if its within a reasonable time from now as well as once i start working again
Old 11-17-2006, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

832 miles for me, but I can't think of a better reason to drive that far.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

4th of July weekend. Gives some of us an extra day!
Old 11-17-2006, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd be happy to make a road trip to meet some of you fine,(and not so fine), folks! My wife and I both love to camp and this trip will be our summer vacation. Justin and Christene, can you find a good local charity we can raise funds for with a 3-D shoot?
Old 11-17-2006, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

If we're going to raise funds for a charity, we'll do it for the Benefit4Kids. Some of Christine's good friends are very involved with this organization which is much like the Make A Wish foundation, only they provide hunts and hunting opportunities to children who have life limiting disabilities/diseases or are terminally ill. You can find more info at www.b4k.org

As for things to make it "fun" - you name it and we'll see what we can do. We have 3-D targets at the club and we can have a full 30 target course set up and ready to go, along with a few "trick" type shots as well.

Food will be catered in by a local joint that has awesome Italian beef, italian sausage, chicken, etc.

As I said, we can have some door prize giveaways, raffles, etc. We'll DEFINITELY get the dunk tank back out to raise some money for charity by dunking yours truely, and any of the Mods that show up. I'll even make Todd get in the dunk tank too.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears. Bare minimum requirements to bring if you're traveling from out of state are easy clothes and your wallet! Bringing your bow or shotgun is a plus as we'll get the sporting clays tower fired up as well.

Let's use this thread to talk about dates so we keep things consolidated. 4th of July weekend is good, but a lot of people have family plans and it makes for some conflicting schedules so I would say that's out. There's been some concern over June being a bit too early for some of you who teach, so let's shoot for Mid-July through Mid-August some time. August generally seems to work better as it's a little cooler than the heat of July. We may be in IL, but it gets HOT during the summer.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Justin mentioned 3D targets, a little... Oh I don't know... Competition to benefit HuntingNet, maybe? Bragging rights?
Fantastic idea right there..........[8D]

Also, lets really try not to do this thing on a weekend of a national 3D shoot. The bigger shoots we hopefully can stay away from are as follows:

IBO Triple Crowns - 5/18-5/20, 6/15-6/17, 7/6-7/8, 8/1-8/5

ASA Pro Ams - 6/1-6/3, 6/29-7/1, 8/10-8/12

Quick Reply: 2007 HuntingNet Bowhunters Meet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.