Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech's new bow. >

Bowtech's new bow.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech's new bow.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:29 AM
Spike

Default Bowtech's new bow.

I really hate to say it but I may be "SWITCHingBACK" to a Mathews next year. I have decided to get a new bow, but I am not excited at all looking at the new Bowtechs. Whatis yalls input?
Old 11-16-2006, 07:40 AM

Default RE: Bowtech's new bow.

Shoot before you judge.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Spike

Not saying its not a good bow, ive shot Bowtech for 3 years, its just the looks of this thing that gets me. Look at on Bowtechs website.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only the Guardian and Commander have the new look. The other 07 BowTech's look the same. Why not get a 07 Tribute or Allegiance?
Old 11-16-2006, 08:03 AM

Personally I don't care what a bow looks like as long as it feels good and is a shooter.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:48 AM

I like the way the Guardian looks. I am planning to shoot one and if it is a good feel, I'll buy it.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the look..Would love to shoot them..But that always gets expensive..lol

I'm holding onto my Allegiance for now..can't buy new every year. Wish I could!!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why not get a 07 Tribute or Allegiance?
Good point...

However, I think you may want to take a more in-depth look at the Guardian. The Center Pivot design is nothing short of revolutionary in the manner in which it allows the limbs to flex with such extremely little stress. These limbs actually go way beyone parallel, but with minimal limb-tip travel -- and such a gentle flexing to alleviate any potential stress points. I have to admit I wasn't just ecstatic about the looks of the bow when I first saw a pic of it; then, after seeing it at full draw my mind was changed in a hurry.

A typical limb attaches at the limb pocket, and of course at the other end where the cam is secured on at the axles... This creates what I've seen referred to as a "diving-board effect" at full draw-- especially on the newer parallel-style limbs.

Now, look at what a gentle arc is obtained as these limbs flex:

Of course, we haven't even begun to talk about the efficiency of this system combined with the new center track cam, which is the highest the archery industry has EVER SEEN at an astounding 86%! Compare that with the Tribute -- which is one heckuva shooter, ya gotta admit -- at 81% I definitely think you can mark this one down in the "improvement" column!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:45 AM

I thought they were ridiculously ugly when I first looked at them.

However, after looking at them.

And looking at them.

And looking at them.

I've decided I really like them. I'll be taking a look at them when I decide to pick up a new bow this spring. The new center pivot design really intrigues me, so much so that I can look past the sort of homely looks and take it for what it is - an excellent piece of equipment.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still think they are fugly but if they perform then they will sell.

Quick Reply: Bowtech's new bow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.