HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Deer Camp Rules (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/164975-deer-camp-rules.html)

kodiak41226 11-13-2006 09:26 PM

Deer Camp Rules

Every year we go to Deer Camp we have a chart with everyone's name on it, then the dates we will be in camp across the top. Then each day when you come back from hunting you mark what happened such as Kill, Deer but no shot, Miss, Bad Hit, Gun Hunter messed up hunt, Bobby was hunting so close to me I could see him, or some local was burning garbage under my stand, ect.

Its pretty fun. Anyhow this year I want to come up with a set of rules like no one can leave camp a day early to go home and get ready for work, Potato's and Onions will be served with every meal, Hours of legal hunting, tracking time limit, and if you miss the bag target even once your dishwasher for the rest of camp. Ect.

Anyhow do you guys have any other edgy, funny rules that I might want to add?

hardcorehunter 11-13-2006 09:32 PM

RE: Deer Camp Rules

Back when we hunted in a deer camp we had a rule that you stayed there until the hunt was over and no going home to the wife or whatever. One guy left one night and went out with his wife and didn't get back until noon the last day of the hunt. My buddy had just shot two deer but told him that you snooze you lose. We made a poem up for the guy andwrote it on alog for him:
Sit in a tree and be patient and wait, the deer will come as it is fate. Go home to your wife before the hunt is done, and the deer in your freezer will number none!!!!!!

Washington Hunter 11-13-2006 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter
Sit in a tree and be patient and wait, the deer will come as it is fate. Go home to your wife before the hunt is done, and the deer in your freezer will number none!!!!!!
Why is it when I read that, a different line popped into my head?

You could exchange that last line with;

Go home to the wife and you'll wish that you stayed, that is of course unless you got...

Well, it rhymes. I'll leave it at that.

Rick James 11-13-2006 09:45 PM

Never make a crock pot full of chili large enough to feed a small army the day after eating a crock pot full of pork and kraut. [8D]

That should be written in stone somewhere.

kenman 11-14-2006 05:11 AM

Never insult the camp cook or his vittles, he who does is the new camp cook.

Mathewsboy 11-14-2006 05:51 AM

ORIGINAL: kenman

Never insult the camp cook or his vittles, he who does is the new camp cook.
Sounds LIke MOOSETURD Pie...

peakrut 11-14-2006 05:55 AM

LMAO wash, our minds think alike.

statjunk 11-14-2006 05:55 AM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Great poem!

We have a rule that I created. No pissing out the door no matter how cold it is.

Tom

quiksilver 11-14-2006 07:45 AM

Here are our rules:
[ul][*]Youngest guy at deercamp does the dishes and peels the potatoesall week, unless somebody else "earns" dish/potato duty by breaking one of the following rules;[*]Anyone able-bodied will drag deer for the older guys if they ask, but waiting until dark or afteris kosher;[*]Everybody throws $20 into the pot, and the first guy with a deer back to camp with a dead deertakes the kitty;[*]What happens at camp stays at camp;[*]No women at camp (doesn't matter where you found her or how hot she is), and no talking on the cellphone to your wife/gf for more than 20 minutes, or you will be subjected to endless torment and harassment, no lovesick romance will be tolerated;[*]If you're not hunting, you're cooking;[*]First-come-first-served on bedrooms. If you're ambitious enough to head to camp several days early and stake your claim for a bed, then you get to keep it;[*]If you screw up the gravity-feed on the water, you're the lucky guy who gets to fix it;[*]Everybody must play poker, no matter how much you hate it;[*]If you do something stupid (like melt your boots on the woodburner - or forget your bullets), you will be made fun of;[*]If you headback to camp for lunch, and you're returning out for the evening, you are to try to contact the other guys via cell phone/radio, and ask if they'd like their lunch brought to the top of the mountain. The deer runner is also the food runner, and will bring steaming hot (okay, not steaming but hopefully warm) meals to your treestand or a predetermined location if you ask and he can find you. [/ul]
That's pretty much it.