Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rut action in Illinois >

Rut action in Illinois

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rut action in Illinois

Old 11-13-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Rut action in Illinois

I was woundering if any one else has been noticin any rut activity
I have seen a lot of small bucks chasing does but no big guys .
is it to early still or does this mean there are know dominate bucks in my area.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rut action in Illinois

Rut is in full swing in central Illinois.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out my post from yesterday "Went doe hunting and look who showed up". It is probably about page 3 by now.They are chasing big time!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

From everything I'm seeing/hearing - the bucks are starting to get locked down with does right now. If you're lucky enough to be in the vicinity of a doe coming into estrous you're gonna have killer action right now. If she's in the next woodlot over, you might be watching squirrels all night.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seen a MONSTER chasing two does yesterday, tried everything to stop him but ya right.. He only had one thing on his mind and he'd done found it..
Old 11-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Last saturday i seen 5 different bucks two 8ptr and two 7ptr a 6ptr and a button buck the one 8ptr has a big rack i would put him on the wall and the 6ptr has a thick rack i would put him on the wall also. The big 8 ptr had 3 does with him ,and the button buck was chasing a small doe and grunting like crazy.This sunday i had a small 4ptr come in and he's gruntng like crazy. Two weeks ago i had a small 6ptr chasing a doe .But thier still alot of corn in the fields hope they get it out by this week in so the deer stay the the woods.I forgot to mention i liver in Indiana.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:36 PM

Pretty much locked down as of this evening. Little guys are still trolling, but the bigguns are....busy.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havent been able to get out in the woods much the last week, but last Monday I had 4 different bucks come into rattling (I shot a 9 pointer out of this group, check my thread out for the whole story with all the bucks)

Wednesday I had a fork and spike answer to rattling and this morning and tonight and I had the same 140 class 10 pointer that me and my dad have been after all year chasing does.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Spike

Coming home from work today (McHenry County) at around 1 o'clock I saw a nice little 8 pointer tending a doe 40 yards off the road in a picked bean field. I pulled over and watched them for about 10 to 15 minutes. It was funny he knew he shouldn't be standing so exposed out there, so he kept running away and then would turn around and come right back because she wouldn't move. After about 10 minutes he did mount her. I finally left then another 5 minutes down the road I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting a large buck chasing a doe. They darted out of the woods then across the road. I was so excited, I flew home grabbed my gear and went to the tree stand. Ended up seeing nothing except for a million squirrels. Then on the drive home I see another buck and doe standing together on the side of the road. Talk about frustrating.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:40 PM

A buddy of mine just moved up there to take a job as a conservation officer(mchenry county).
If you ever get hassled by officer Wetzel, call him B. Rabbit.... he'll be laughing too hard to cite you

Quick Reply: Rut action in Illinois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.