Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What was your first? >

What was your first?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What was your first?

Old 11-14-2006, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What was your first?

Here is my first bowkill. I was in 8th grade.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:07 AM
Typical Buck

SMALLBULL MOOSE ABOUT 24 INCHES WIDE,
1980 PSE ? MODEL BRACKET BOW 2117 ARROWS AND ROCKY MTN RAZOR BROADHEADS
HAD TRIED AS TEENAGER IN PA AND LATER HALF HEARTEDLY ONE SEASON IN NE WHEN STATIONED THERE.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

just the other day i shot a button buck. I am happy i shot my first deer with bow but i wish it was a doe instead of a button buck.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Now that is an awsome pic Greg.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

119" whitetail
pse spyder s4
PSE sight
Easton 2117's
100 grn thunderheads
October 21 2001
Old 11-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

My first was a stingray killed off of Wildcat Point on the northern tip of Chincoteague island, VA with a 40lb Bear Black Bear Recurve when I was around the age of 12.
Cool, was that the black bear conversion. a warf bow I believe it is called. Where you put the recurve limbs on the old black bear riser. I hear that is a great shooting combo. I wish I had my old black bear so I could build one.
No Burnie it is a regular 70's era Bear Black Bear Recurve. I was wrong about the lbs. it is actually 45lbs@28". I still own it. It is pretty scratched up and lots of the finish is worn off from being thrown in the bottom of many boats and thrown in the water while bowfishing for shark and stingrays. Here she is.
Nice old bow. Does it still shoot? I just love the old bows.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:02 AM
Banned

A doe at age 13 with a shakespeare recurve.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

What was my first?? Well, the year was 1978, I was 16 and it was summer, her name was Chrissy .... lol
Old 11-14-2006, 09:15 AM

My first was a stingray killed off of Wildcat Point on the northern tip of Chincoteague island, VA with a 40lb Bear Black Bear Recurve when I was around the age of 12.
Cool, was that the black bear conversion. a warf bow I believe it is called. Where you put the recurve limbs on the old black bear riser. I hear that is a great shooting combo. I wish I had my old black bear so I could build one.
No Burnie it is a regular 70's era Bear Black Bear Recurve. I was wrong about the lbs. it is actually 45lbs@28". I still own it. It is pretty scratched up and lots of the finish is worn off from being thrown in the bottom of many boats and thrown in the water while bowfishing for shark and stingrays. Here she is.
Nice old bow. Does it still shoot? I just love the old bows.
As a matter of fact Burnie it does. I managed to straighten out the limbs when I got it off of my dad earlier this year, She's just not all that pretty with all the scratches and finish worn off of her. My dad bought it in the mid 70's sometime. It has killed a lot of stingrays over the years. I also have a 46# 1968 Bear Kodiak Magnum that my dad picked up at a yard sale for like 15 bucks that had been painted all black. We used to use that for Stingray hunting also. Until last year I decided to see if I could clean the paint off of it and see what was underneath. Well it turned out to be beautiful underneath. And to think that Kodiak Magnum got the same abuse as the Bear Black Bear. The only thing that saved the finish was that black paint. I wish I knew who he bought it off of, because I want to thank that guy for painting that bow black and saving the finish.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

1997, shot a doe with my used Golden Eagle, with an overdraw. 2018 easton arrows and muzzy 100gr 3 blade heads. That was my 10th year of bowhunting before I killed one, talk about getting the monkey off your back lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.