Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hoytgirl scores a big Iowa Giant!!! >

Hoytgirl scores a big Iowa Giant!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoytgirl scores a big Iowa Giant!!!

Old 11-13-2006, 06:37 PM

Default RE: Hoytgirl scores a big Iowa Giant!!!

Great Buck....Great shot....Great Job....The Ladies have all the luck
Old 11-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations on making a good shot! That sure is a beautiful buck.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: whitetaildeer87

ORIGINAL: hoytgirl

awesome! girl power! lol. I'm a women bowhunter also. I havn't that much luck. Do you know what weight she draws back? What kind of bow is she using? I'm shooting with a Hoyt ViperTec and pulling only 40 lbs. I need an upgrade.
Hey there whitetaildeer87!!! Awesome to have another women bowhunter!!!!!!!!!! I use a Hoyt Trykon, 40-50lb bow. I used to have it maxed out, but, I had surgery a 3 weeks ago so we lowered it a bit to about 4o or so. It smoked him. Complete pass through. It is all about shot placement when you are shooting with lower poundage bows.
AWESOME! I'm just happy to hear this from another women bowhunter. I need to upgrade my bow. I use the old ViperTec Hoyt. It's an awesome bow, it just won't go over 40 lbs. I can get it to maybe 43 lbs. Did you use a lot scent coverup? I think thats a big problem with me...the deer smell me and RUN! Again, congrats
If I were you I would try a 40 to 50lb bow and just work your way up to 50. As far as scent coverup, I am very careful. I learned this from my husband. I make sure that when I shower I use a scent eliminator product, then no lotion other than unscented stuff, I even use a combo shampoo and conditioner for my hair that is unscented. I use an unscented deodorant. My hunting clothes as well as my husbands are washed in with descenting products. Then we hang them to dry and keep them in our hunting room in the basement to keep out any smells. Before we go out we also use sprays around our clothes and body. Keeping the wind direction in mind is also VERY important. I am learning about all this from my husband. I have a long ways to go, but, he is an awesome teacher.!! I only do these things on hunting days, otherwise I am like every other girl and use LOTS of smell good lotions and perfumes
Old 11-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

CONGRATS hoytgirl
Pretty nice looking deer ... oh The buck look's good too , real nice buck big massive rack and tall tines.
Heck I'm even proud for you , let me know he scored I'm guessing around 190 to 207 .
Nice big scrape and rub .
Old 11-13-2006, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats HoytGirl. You done good. Most of us can only dream of a buck like that.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrat's Hoytgirl ,what an awsome deer . I'm sure he's gonna look great on your wall.

nubo
Old 11-13-2006, 07:09 PM

awesome! girl power! lol. I'm a women bowhunter also. I havn't that much luck. Do you know what weight she draws back? What kind of bow is she using? I'm shooting with a Hoyt ViperTec and pulling only 40 lbs. I need an upgrade.
Hey there whitetaildeer87!!! Awesome to have another women bowhunter!!!!!!!!!! I use a Hoyt Trykon, 40-50lb bow. I used to have it maxed out, but, I had surgery a 3 weeks ago so we lowered it a bit to about 4o or so. It smoked him. Complete pass through. It is all about shot placement when you are shooting with lower poundage bows.
AWESOME! I'm just happy to hear this from another women bowhunter. I need to upgrade my bow. I use the old ViperTec Hoyt. It's an awesome bow, it just won't go over 40 lbs. I can get it to maybe 43 lbs. Did you use a lot scent coverup? I think thats a big problem with me...the deer smell me and RUN! Again, congrats
If I were you I would try a 40 to 50lb bow and just work your way up to 50. As far as scent coverup, I am very careful. I learned this from my husband. I make sure that when I shower I use a scent eliminator product, then no lotion other than unscented stuff, I even use a combo shampoo and conditioner for my hair that is unscented. I use an unscented deodorant. My hunting clothes as well as my husbands are washed in with descenting products. Then we hang them to dry and keep them in our hunting room in the basement to keep out any smells. Before we go out we also use sprays around our clothes and body. Keeping the wind direction in mind is also VERY important. I am learning about all this from my husband. I have a long ways to go, but, he is an awesome teacher.!! I only do these things on hunting days, otherwise I am like every other girl and use LOTS of smell good lotions and perfumes
Thanks for the advise!

I sure wish I had a husband/boyfriend that would help me out. My fiance doesn't like deer hunting and Im the one helping him at times. Oh well, he fly fishes better than me and he has to help me with that, lol.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:36 PM

Congrats HoytGirl, what can I say that hasn't been said, its a magnificent deer, great story, and awsome pics. Glad to hear your doing better after the surgery, I'll be letting the air out of that brute was better than any medicine the doctors could give you! Congrats again.

As far as you and HCH taking a show together, I can see it now, the first hunting show sponsored by Harley Davidson!
Old 11-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations Don and Sarah. Fantastic buck and like mentioned, get it entered...yours too Don..lol

Hey, when taking photos in the sun like that, use the fill in flash, it'll lighten the dark spots under her hat that blocked out her eyes. Take photos with and without flash.

Get her to pull that beautiful hair up in a pony tail too....what else...lol Well, I could go on about taking beautiful pictures of beautiful women and bucks but I won't. Congratulations to you both.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations Hoytgirl! Its great to see people having success! Glad to hear you are having a smooth recovery.

Quick Reply: Hoytgirl scores a big Iowa Giant!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.