HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   hows this for ticks { graphic pics} a warning for the weak ones (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/164675-hows-ticks-graphic-pics-warning-weak-ones.html)

Buck Huntin Girl 11-13-2006 08:02 AM

RE: hows this for ticks

Well Quick, you aren't the only one with the phobia! When I was about 10, our car had a problem on the interstate, we had to pull over and sit in the ditch away from it (thought it was gonna catch fire). We all ended up sitting in a nest of them. We got the car squared away and noticed them all over us! Luckily, I didn't have any embedded yet, but we had some friends with us, one boy was 8, got one... well.... where he *really* didn't want one! His mom had to burn it off with a match! [:o]

DaveH 11-13-2006 09:31 AM

The ticks seem esp bad this year. My dog has lymes disease for the 2nd time - and he gets innoculated for it. My wife tells me to get rid of the hides as soon as I get them skinned because the ticks release from the skins and look for a new host.

I remember the first deer I shot on Aberdeen Proving Grounds years ago. It was a very nice 8 point and I recalll feeling things crawling on my arms enroute to the checking station. The lights revealed literally hundreds of deer ticks. The deer's ears felt like the palm of a rubber dot glove. EVERYONE that visted my house the next few days had deer ticks on them. I personally removed over 200 from myself - about 50 of which were attached. Fortunately, no one got lyme's diesease from that incident.

KBacon 11-13-2006 09:48 AM

The ticks seem esp bad this year. My dog has lymes disease for the 2nd time - and he gets innoculated for it. My wife tells me to get rid of the hides as soon as I get them skinned because the ticks release from the skins and look for a new host.

I remember the first deer I shot on Aberdeen Proving Grounds years ago. It was a very nice 8 point and I recalll feeling things crawling on my arms enroute to the checking station. The lights revealed literally hundreds of deer ticks. The deer's ears felt like the palm of a rubber dot glove. EVERYONE that visted my house the next few days had deer ticks on them. I personally removed over 200 from myself - about 50 of which were attached. Fortunately, no one got lyme's diesease from that incident
Geez man.. now my skin is crawling... [:@]

Primitive Weapon 11-13-2006 11:29 AM

RE: hows this for ticks { graphic pics} a warning for the weak ones

Note to self.....

Dear Self,

Do not read posts with a warning stating { graphic pics} attached to it after eating the new Wendy's Jalepeno Burger.

Have a good day, your pal....

Self

-DeerSlayer- 11-13-2006 11:33 AM

thats a pretty bad case I would say . [:'(]

Rhody Hunter 11-13-2006 05:13 PM

That is nasty looking [:-][:-] poor thing . It makes me itchy just looking at it