Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Probably the end of my bow season >

Probably the end of my bow season

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Probably the end of my bow season

Old 11-11-2006, 06:59 AM

Default Probably the end of my bow season

Well, with a week left in the Indiana archery season, and a tag left to fill, I will probably have to hang my bow up for the year.

I was really hoping to hunt hard this week, considering us Hoosiers got an extra week of archery this year, and I fully intended on using it up!

For starters, I only had 4 arrows to begin with and 3 of my new broadheads (they're really expensive)... almost three weeks ago now, I missed a 160 class (approx) and buried that broadhead into the dirt, making it useless, down to two good broadheads, 4 arrows. Wednesday, I missed another one, buried that arrowand couldn't find it in the tall grass... down toone good broadhead, 3 arrows. Well, yesterday, as I was getting my son outof the truck, he must have bumpedan arrow loose in my quiver and itslidpartially out the door unnoticed... I shut the door on it. [:@] Down to 2 arrows... UGH!!!Now,my husband has a couple of broadheads I could put on (same as what I use), but like I said, I'm down to two arrows... and to make matters worse, my husband was in a car accident on Thursday, breaking his foot in4 places, laying him upfor6 weeks... so, I don't have anyone to help me track and drag. I wouldn't worryabout it,I'd do it myself, except for at 8 months pregnant I*can't*.

So, I guess I'm down to gunhunting this year (muzzleloader) starting a week from today.I will be hunting with my mom, so I will have some help, as well as I will only probably behunting weekends and mornings when my husband's best friend can hunt with me and helpget the deer outof the woods.

Sorry for the long post, just had to vent, it's been an awful week. After such a good year of bowhunting, even without a successful harvest as of yet, I really hate to hang it up, but don't have many options at thispoint.Hubby can't walk for a week, soI can't exactly leave him at home alone for 4 or 5 hours while I go hunt anyway.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Probably the end of my bow season

BHG

I have 6 45-60 carbon express Terminator Hunter45-60 I am not using. If you want them they are yours.

I changed my DL and they are too short
Old 11-11-2006, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am crying with you. My wife is in the hospital with Lukemia, diagnosed about 3 weeks ago. SoI spend most of my time there or at work. I did manage to get a buck and a doe in the early season tho, so I had some fun this year. Just missing out on most of the peak rutting activity. But there will be better times ahead, keep thinking positively, and good luck.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

hang in there girl things will work themself out.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I am crying with you. My wife is in the hospital with Lukemia, diagnosed about 3 weeks ago. SoI spend most of my time there or at work. I did manage to get a buck and a doe in the early season tho, so I had some fun this year. Just missing out on most of the peak rutting activity. But there will be better times ahead, keep thinking positively, and good luck.
I hope for the best and wish you and your wife happy times..
Old 11-11-2006, 08:33 AM

I'm sorry to hear of all your misfortune. Glad the hubby is ok though, but I know it's disappointing. I know a little about what you're talking about.

We have been having trouble w/ our van's cooling system, and now it needs a new head gasket. My season is likely done as well because I have to SELL my bow to pay for the repairs....[:@][&o][&o]

I love that bow. [&o]
Old 11-11-2006, 09:29 AM

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about everyone else's hard times too! Why does the worst stuff always have to happen this time of the year!?

Well I guess wejust need to remember, "This too shall pass"...

Jmbuckhunter: Prayers are sent your way for your wife. I'm so sorry you are having to go through that.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

Hey everyone sorry to hear you hard times my prayers are with you guys out there. BHG dont feel to bad im down to 3 arrows with 3 broad heads it sucks missin a deer and loosing it in the long grass. JMBUCKHUNTER sorry to hear about your wife i hope that everything pulls through we will be prayin for you here in Wisconsin.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:59 AM

mobowhunter:

I also wanted to add, it shows a lot ofcharacter to sell something of such value to you for the sake of your family. You stand to be commended, sir! Don't worry, it will all work out for you in the long run. I have been through worse times, it works out in the end and everything happens for a reason!
Old 11-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I'm sorry to hear of all your misfortune. Glad the hubby is ok though, but I know it's disappointing. I know a little about what you're talking about.

We have been having trouble w/ our van's cooling system, and now it needs a new head gasket. My season is likely done as well because I have to SELL my bow to pay for the repairs....[:@][&o][&o]

I love that bow. [&o]
Sell you computer not your bow. You have to use your head a little.

Quick Reply: Probably the end of my bow season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.