Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you think of natural gear? >

What do you think of natural gear?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you think of natural gear?

Old 11-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Spike

Default What do you think of natural gear?

im thinking about buying some natural gear camo. Have any of yous ever tried it? if so, does it work?
Old 11-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you think of natural gear?

I used it last year and really, really liked it. The only problem I had was that I didn't really like the fit and finish of the garments themselves. Unfortunately with some of these smaller, and in my opinion, more effective camo patters, you're really limited to what you can get. While natural gear has a decent selection, it's just not what I really wanted or liked.

If I was going to use it again I would stick with their line of fleece apparel. I have a fleece vest and I love it. Probably one of my best clothing purchases ever. I still wear it to this day - over a longsleeve shirt in moderate temps, and under my heavy jacket when it's cold.

Next year, barring any crazy new patterns that hit the market from the big dogs, I'm probably switching back to a lighter, more open pattern. My Realtree HD Grey is just too dark for my liking.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

I used it last year and really, really liked it. The only problem I had was that I didn't really like the fit and finish of the garments themselves. While natural gear has a decent selection, it's just not what I really wanted or liked.
??????
Old 11-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: GregH

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

I used it last year and really, really liked it. The only problem I had was that I didn't really like the fit and finish of the garments themselves. While natural gear has a decent selection, it's just not what I really wanted or liked.
??????

well what he means is he likes it alot, but he really hates it alot...
understand now?
Old 11-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

He likes the camo pattern, but not the garments he can get in Natural Gear(fit, style, etc)

Old 11-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

He likes the camo pattern, but not the garments he can get in Natural Gear(fit, style, etc)

Exactly. I like the pattern, but I dont' like the clothing itself. When I'm in my stand, especially for a long period of time, I need to be warm and comfortable. I just couldn't get that with my Natural Gear, so I stopped using it.

As I said, the fleece is nice but the jacket didn't fit me well and having an all-fleece outfit sucks for burrs and other assorted stuff that sticks to it. The insulated stuff was too noisey - made more for waterfowlers than deer hunters.

The lightweight BDU's are nice, and I still wear them from time to time, but they're really only good during early season. Once it gets cold I like a nice set of insulated bibs, which again were a little noisey for my taste.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:55 PM

HNIJustin is right on. I have used it this year and really liked that it blended in great everywhere I was hunting, but the actual garmets themselves are iffy. I have the Stealth Hunter Jacket and its warm, but the sleeves make it a little difficult to draw my bow. I also have the 6 pocket BDU pants, and for Colorado they do not provide much warmth. The pattern is great though.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Justin just doesn't like the fact that it doesn't come in ScentLok , don't let him fool you ...

I have a jacket in the original Nat Gear pattern , and deer don't seem to be able to see it . I've also noted that I get busted by squirrels and turkeys a lot less too .
Old 11-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Banned

Awesome pattern.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love the patteren, but I have nowhere to buy it here in Central Illinois other than via catalog,but that's traceable through the wife, if you know what I mean,so I don't bother with that. I only have the lightweight stuff bought while Elk hunting in New Mexico, and use it early in the season here and it works really well.

Quick Reply: What do you think of natural gear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.