Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Local news puts carbon clothing to the test! >

Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

Old 11-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

When you guys are done with this, I heard that one of the Moderators is a witch! Let's get him!!!!!!!!

I knew Rob was a witch!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didnt wear any scent free clothes, nothing, my work boots and some camo i had. That's it. no sprays no nothing. I had 3 deer walk UNDER my stand literally i could have dropped an apple on them. Then a deer bedded DOWN wind of me and stayed there for an hour. Scent lock is not needed
Old 11-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

That **$#* #** %**#%'er i knew something was wrong with that $$*$&* #$#$'n guy
Old 11-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am notfine with bashing a company, calling them liars, scammers, etc.. Is what I am talkn about.
Ohhhh.... Now I see... You think everybody is bashing down on Scent Lok the company. But I believe you are mistaken. A lot of people, and I'm as guilty as anyone else, use the term scentlock as a generic term for all carbon impregnated scent blocking clothing. Just like, down here in Texas anyway, anycarbonated cola beverage is a coke.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

Here's what I've found out from personal experience:

1: Carbon clothing helpds a little, but isn't worth the money

2: The only real way to get past a deer's nose is wash your clothes in scent free detergent. Take them straight from the drier to the plastic bags. Those clothes can't get any air in the bag. The only thing your clothes should touch is either plastic or leaves. Don't ever open that bag unless you're in the field away from your truck (due to exhaust).

3: Before the hunt get up early and shower. Use all your scent free detergent and soap. Wear clothes that you washed in your scent free detergent to wear in the truck. Then when you get to the woods, exchange those clothes with the ones in the bags.

Here's a few other things that I've found that actually help as well. If you chew, do it on stand. It helps mask your breath. Seriously. It actually helps. I chew apple skoal and i've found it helps. Those deer won't react to that smell because it's not exactly a foreign smell. It helps a little but still not completely effective.

You still MUST watch the wind. It's not a choice. You have to sit in stands that you're not going to get busted in. IF you're in a spot where deer come from every direction HUNT HIGH. Get 30 feet up that tree or you'll get busted.

If you really want to get away with it, you have to be completely anal about scent control. My brother has been using this technique for the past 4 years and hasn't gotten busted yet. Works for us and is the only thing i've ever seen, or system, that actually works. Give it a try and happy hunting.
Well said!
Old 11-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I am notfine with bashing a company, calling them liars, scammers, etc.. Is what I am talkn about.
Ohhhh.... Now I see... You think everybody is bashing down on Scent Lok the company. But I believe you are mistaken. A lot of people, and I'm as guilty as anyone else, use the term scentlock as a generic term for all carbon impregnated scent blocking clothing. Just like, down here in Texas anyway, anycarbonated cola beverage is a coke.
No I do not think everybody is bashing Scent-Lok, but a few are. There are a pile products I think are nuts, but I just do not buy them.

I just want folks to know I do not believe Scent-Lok is trying to scam anyone. People who work at the company work just as hard as any of us at our jobs. Not all people who work at Scent-Lok are rich, some have the same struggles we do. I find it hard to believe they walk up one day and said "Lets pull the wool over are fellow hunters eyes"

I am not sold it works either at this point as advertise, but I will contact them and voice my concearns. I will wait for a response and make a judgement from there.

As for thethem making a ton of money, go check and see how much they donate back to the community.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

This seams like a dumb test! You could put yourself into two huge ziplock baggies and the dogs will still smell you! So why would anybody with a half abrain think that you could be 100% odor free with a suit? I have a sheperd that likes to play hide and seek with doggietreats and I have put then into ziplock sandwich bags and hide them anywhere in the house andit doest matter where you putthem as long as it iswithin nose reach he finds it. Now put it 10-20 feet in the air andand he would have a problem.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess when I'm hiding from drug-sniffing dogs I shouldn't wear my Scent-Lok suit. It's a good thing I know that. Never know when the Fed's are gonna bust down my door and break up the meth lab in my basement.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:36 PM

nice little test.video there, half to say thats the 1st time ive ever seen a news station do a report on deer hunting items,scents, or just deer hunting...very cool
Old 11-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

where im from most people use the term "pop" forpepsi, coke, dew,ect
but i call it "soda".sometimes i use the actual name "coke" cuz thats what i drink...but most of the time i call it soda.how dare you call a "pepsi"Coke. shame on you

Quick Reply: Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.